News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 3G Convertible

Started by Redaktion, June 27, 2013, 06:50:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Unlimited mobility. A tablet for the meeting, a notebook for the workspace - Lenovo's ThinkPad Helix is supposed to combine the advantages of both devices. The clever ultrabook hybrid ignores conventional wisdom concerning convertibles, leaving a lasting impression due to its mobility and Office strengths.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Helix-3G-Convertible.96014.0.html

gxtoast

Yeah, this is one fantastic bit of kit, for sure. However, I think that a 13.3" version with a Haswell CPU and 8GB RAM option would make this an instant buy for me. 1080p is fine and I would still consider a product with my desired specification more desirable than the newly announced Samsung ATIV Q.

If the ATIV Q had the same design of true Tablet with excellent keyboard dock containing an additional battery then it would also be on my list. A 13.3" Tablet that weighed 900grams would be excellent.

Come on, Lenovo, bring on a 13.3" Haswell variant.

Richard

I bought the top spec SKU for my wife back in April. Her primary uses are for note taking, report writing and skype. It is almost perfect for her because she only has 1 device to do everything where before she needed 3, including a tethered mobile phone. Revision 2 of this model should have a backlit keyboard, the option of a 13-inch version and if necessary a secondary battery in the keyboard dock to provide both an extended battery life and to provide a more robust counterweight for the screen. Then it would be perfect...
As it stands, I need the strengths of both the Asus Transformer Book TX300CA and the Helix in the same device...

Review 36984SU

Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 36984SU
GOTO:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00BBLEYXQ/2012-2013-20
Same Day Shipping Lenovo Thinkpad Helix - Lenovo. com‎ 2,553 reviews for lenovo .com Discover A Business Ready Ultrabook & Detachable Tablet In One.‎

Nicolas

I have this Helix for testing purposes from my company and I disagree with your rating.
First the noise is really loud... in an office environment, you can hear there is some noise, but when alone, like from home or in the evening, the fan noise is unbearable!...
Also design wise they have a lot of improvements to make, and why the hell a glossy screen!?...
You can't really carry it with one hand even though it's light, as the weight is not balanced and you cannot grab it only from the keyboard or from the screen... result you have to close it... and to open it you need both hands! the lid is so heavy compared to the keyboard that the keyboard will follow the lid and you need to pull them apart... what a design ... ! :( the headphone plug is on the top right, which is really a strange placement, there is no Kensington lock, and the battery life is really not extra... 6hours something in a real working condition... my T520 was doing better...
Anyway there are some good ideas, but it's not quite there yet, especially for the price! I'm sure a surface 2 Pro benefitting from the Haswell procs are better.
This review is much more "honest" in my opinion:
http://www.slashgear.com/lenovo-thinkpad-helix-review-04288958/

YambooSusana

Hello, this device is indeed superior. Two notes:
-The LCD has very high amount image persistentce. This is unhappy.
- The wifi has extremely  low range.  Behind 2 walls = signal lost. Alhough at close distance (in room) speed reaches 20MB/s.
-Keyboard experience is brilliant. But  I had to make some settings to get useable: Turn on Fn-Lock to access F1-F12. Then to remap Insert <-> End (to get "End" key signal when pressed without Fn.), Then remap \| to left Shift.
-SD card reader Missing !
-bought miniDP 3-in-1 VGA HDMI DVI adapater for $10
-bought Gigabit Ethernet+3xUSB3.0 hub for $16.

4: Use TPFanControl to "mute" the fan at idle. Actually the KBD fan caused permanent noise.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview