News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer Aspire V3-772G-747A321 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, June 12, 2013, 08:22:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Haswell Rocket. A monster in every respect: 32 GB memory, 1,256 GB storage (+ expandability) and a Full-HD display. Acer's 17-inch device with a brand-new quad core CPU and Nvidia graphics is made for power users.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-Aspire-V3-772G-747A321-Notebook.93916.0.html

Madalin

What about the speakers and sound system are they better than the ones in acer v3 771g?

mmm

the speakers are ok, the lack of a subwoofer is noticeable though. My greatest gripe is the keyboard and the small arrow keys + the touchpad feels imprecise.

sberla

I just bought it. When rendering on 3ds max the cpu keeps throttling, slowing down pretty much the rendering process.
So far i haven't found any way to disable Turbo Boost, nor in BIOS nor with Win 8 power schemes (it doesn't work). Otherwise good laptop, touchpad is not very precise though. Battery will last 1hr 30 on surfing and watching movies.

sberla

Yesterday i downclocked a bit the processor usin intel extreme tuning utility, CPU is not supported in Throttlestop 5.00.
After lowering the multiplier to 29x there is no more throttling and no significant performance loss (about 5%). CPU much cooler and fan is spinning much slower.

thierry

Hello,
thank you for this post.
Is this notebook better than asus n750vj ?
Graphic Card, manufacturing quality etc...
Is this acer notebook  is better than the new asus n750vj?
thank you
t.titi14

Brendan

sberla - where did you buy this from? Looks like it's only available in Europe??

Thank you!
Brendan

Rolf

Does it have IPS panel or not?
"Aspire V3-772G IPS vs. Asus UX51VZ IPS"
"The only real drawback of the V3 is the missing IPS display,"

Hyperi0n

Joeyboy

Does anyone know where to get this spec heavy (32gb ram) version in the UK? Or is it only Germany... sberla, hows it getting on with rendering? Any good as much as a laptop can be?

M4rky

I have just bought one of these. I want to add an SSD to the second drive bay. Does anyone know where I can get a drive cage/caddy for it?

SaltySaul

York'sComputing

Quote from: SaltySaul on September 04, 2013, 23:29:17
Does it have keyboard backlight? If yes, what color?

No it does not have a backlit keyboard.  Seems they really focussed on hardware and performance for their budget on this beauty. There are still backlit keyboard upgrades you can get for it though

SkiDoo

I have to inform you that this Notebook is not capable of handling 3 disks. The controller can onyl handle 2 disks at the same time. So either one hdd and the mSata Disk or 2 hdds.

It is not possible to install 2 hdds and the msata disk at once. The system won't recognize them all at the same time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview