News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review One K33-3E (Clevo W230ST Barebones) Notebook

Started by Redaktion, August 24, 2013, 05:46:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Hot machine. One presents a gaming notebook with a Core i7 based on Intel's latest Haswell architecture, a powerful Nvidia GPU and a 13.3-inch Full HD display. But can the small device handle the heat without sacrificing the performance? Find out in our in-depth review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-One-K33-3E-Clevo-W230ST-Barebones-Notebook.99914.0.html

Christian Loho

nice laptop, suit for my needs, backlit keyboard, smaller screen with full HD resolution, 4th gen processor combine with GTX graphics, and upgradable memory slot. im planning to buy one unit for replace my MSI GT663 15.6" laptop.

James F

OK gaming laptop. Portability is like a normal (non-gaming) 15" laptop; it fits in bags, but not really portable (thick and kinda heavy for a 13").

I dropped it a few times so far, and found that screen bleed spots appear every time it gets dropped. Fortunately, these are only visible at the bios bootup screen.

The main problem is that the fan either goes at off, or full speed. Even when I'm web browsing, it can go to full speed, which is loud and annoying. A shortcut of 'fn+1' keys turns the fan on or off, which temporarily fixes it every time.

After around 1 year use, the battery gets around 2.5 hours with lowest brightness, backlight off, and lowest power settings.

I found that undervolting the cpu helped avoid throttling.

Note: there are 2 msata slots (at least in my version).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview