News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Acer TravelMate P273-M Notebook

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2013, 05:30:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The big brother. We already reviewed the smaller siblings P243 and P253 from the Acer TravelMate P series. This review will show whether the 17.3-inch device can beat them or if the low price is an indicator for questionable quality and bad workmanship.  

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Acer-TravelMate-P273-M-Notebook.90147.0.html

motss

what's the purpose of having a free space which does not have SATA connector? Such a waste to that meaningful free space!

Mik

I've just bought the Acer Travelmate p273-M (P2 category, NXV87EF) with Intel Core i5 and 17'' screen. IT IS NOISY. It's insane. How do they dare to sell such a laptop in 2014?? I remember a former HP laptop I bought in 2002 and it had the same noise. It is only the fan. HD is quiet. But the fan goes on and off non stop. If you don't do anything the fan is off. But as soon as you start IE or even Notepad, the fan goes on. And it seems there is no intermediate speed. It's full speed or nothing. My other laptop (Asus) is quiet most of the time and accelerates when a task is demanding. But this Acer has a ridiculous cooling scheme. And it is very annoying. I cannot concentrate. I've update the bios and Intel management, and Windows 8.1 pro. I've tried all settings in power management, even battery mode with max cpu at 50%... nothing makes a difference. Absolute garbage. Now I have to repack it and send it back. Gladly I've bought through Amazon so I can send it back. What a waste of time. Manufacturer are so cheap and mad these days that you always have to have a good refund strategy before buying... Notebookcheck said in the review here above that the same model with i3 is very silent. It seems that just switching to i5 made it all different...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview