News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Stream 14-z050ng Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 25, 2014, 09:51:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Windows Chromebook. HP tries to compete with Google's Chromebooks with a slim 14-inch Windows notebook. An AMD APU works inside. The concept sounds good, but is it really convincing?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Stream-14-z050ng-Notebook-Review.128817.0.html

fredmanson

Interesting review of this HP 14 Stream. It's clearly a Windows-based-Chromebook as you mentioned. The French model has these 64 gigs and seems to have a better battery life (~7 hours in classic uses). Price is also €300.00, but it can be found at €293.00 on webdistrib.com (France). I think to buy this Stream or one of the new 13.3" Chromebooks to complete my very low powered Chromebook HP11 G1.

Bob

Just picked one of these ups. Quite a useful machine for the money, these are going for £229 in the UK with 32GB of eMMC storage. I think the speakers are a little better than you say in the review, also the screen, I notice no blue tint, perhaps that was a fault with your model.

Anthony

Thanks for the review. I haven't visited this site in awhile but I trust your reviews.

The HP Stream need a few firmware and driver tweaks but those will be coming.

It is the only low cost Chromebook alternative you can actually do some media work with. It should easily run various software that will take full advantage of all four cores.

@Fredmanson interesting the French version has 64GB of disk space.

I have this on my short list, but as the reviewer said there are plenty of choices right around $300 US from Bail Trail to 2.0Ghz Celeron to A4-5000 Trinity APU. But they will be thicker, heavier and have less battery life.

As with Android phones, I suspect that running the screen to about 60% brightness will result in longer battery life.

I mainly want this to run Virtual DJ as either my main PC for that purpose or as a backup.

knewt

Hi
Should not the 2GB storage be a limitation in time due to constant Windows Updates? I know some can be disabled but I do not want do disable critical and important updates. Can an external SD Card be used as an extension of the C Drive ?
Thanks
Max

niccox

Waiting for a QWERTY 64gb hd version...

France one is AZERTY...

David W.

Would you consider putting in a brief description for each different test (Cinebench, Sunspider, etc.),  one that could pop up if my mouse hovered over the test's name?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview