News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2560x1440 or 2560x1600 via HDMI

Started by Redaktion, May 17, 2013, 09:15:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Klapka

Hello everybody,
I'm new to this forum, just wanted to ask, I've bought recently DELL U2713HM, and now trying to connect it to newly bought SONY VAIO FLIP 15A over HDMI (no other option on the NB). I have a 1.4 highspeed ethernet HDMI cable, but via custom resolution I'm able to achieve just 40Hz with 2560x1440, CVT-RB, non interlaced. Over 40Hz display warns unsupported mode and doesn't show the signal. Does anyone managed to connect to DELL U2713HM over HDMI 2560x1440 with higher frequency? How?

Thanks for any hint or tip...

Klapka

BertM

Another success story:
Philips 272C4QPJKAB/00 (2560x1440) on Acer laptop with optimus HD3000 & Geforce 540M via HDMI.
Works at 55Hz.

I also tried 56Hz, the videocard does not complain (57Hz and higher give the "bandwith" error) but then the monitor doesn't give a picture.

Yooner

Thanks for the tips!  I've been searching everywhere trying to figure this out...

The instructions for "Nvidia GeForce graphics card without Optimus" also worked on my Lenovo T420 (Nvidia NVS 4200M) with the Seiki 39" UltraHD 4K2K LED TV (SE39UY04).

Yoon

Great thread!  Thanks for posting all this useful information!

Has anyone been able to get upto the full 2560x1600 resolution?  I've been playing with all the settings but keep getting the error that my monitor doesn't support that resolution...

Receptor

"Great thread!  Thanks for posting all this useful information!" --- THIS!!! Also very usefull for 4K MST -)

markbeau

Very helpful! Following guidance for 'Intel Iris Pro 5200 (Haswell) / new Intel driver interface", my Yoga Pro 2, Window 8.1 connected via HDMI to a ViewSonic VP2770-LED is now running at 2560x1440 at 55hz. Stable and clean. Thanks so much.

Steve Burton

Firstly may I thank you for writing such an excellent and comprehensive article. This really helped me to resolve the problem. Much communication with the help desks of Toshiba, Samsung and Intel failed to resolve the resolution problem but your article did so again thank you.
To the specifics:
I have a Toshiba Portege Z930 laptop running Windows 7 professional.
I have this linked to a Toshiba tower dock (which I have to say I am very disappointed with).
I purchased a new Samsung S27B970D ultrahigh definition LED monitor with a native resolution of 2560x1440.
I was completely unable to get the remote monitor to work at this resolution. It would not go beyond the native resolution for the laptop of 1920 x 1200.
After reading your article I found it impossible to increase the resolution until I bypassed the Toshiba dock and took the HDMI cable straight from the monitor to the laptop computer.
I was then able to achieve a resolution of 2560 x 1440 at 55 Hz.
I also discovered that I needed to change the refresh rate to 55 Hz in the summary Intel graphics and media control panel.
As you suggested I also adjusted the timing standard to CVT-RB.
Success!!!
Photographs and YouTube videos look fantastic

Time

Works perfect on my Dell U2713H in combination with Nvidia GeForce GT 525M

Settings: Custom at 2560 x 1440, Timing standard at CVT rb (reduced blank) and refresh at 60Hz, progressive scan, 32bpp colordepth.

Thank you! :)

AstroTime

I could obtain the visisility 2560x1440, 30 with a Dell UltraSharp U2713HM on NVIDIA 630M (notebook TOSHIBA Satellite 875-P, Windows8) after several OS' hangs (even with the monitor off) and re-boot, making the setting accepted by the INTEL Graphic Options/Custom Resolution, and retrying to set the display properties after booting. :D

BUT I meet repeated desktop icons displacements and above all it seems impossible to recover any hibernation (that I must use daily).
The ibernating process is very slow, and on restart it ends into a black window, no mouse or keyboard working; must power off.
:(

AstroTime

I was going to give up; but a further attempt remained: to try the conversion DVI (monitor) to HDMI (notebook).
Truly, this allowed me to (Selected the Display) set again the 2560x1400 32bit 30p Hz CVT through the INTEL function above (last update here: http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23885/a08/win64_153322.zip)
Note that this setting was apparently rejected, but after closing and opening again (mouse right-click on the desktop) this new option was visible in the Custom Resolution list.
So far, going to the Display Properties I could see not only, near the 1920x1080, the 2560x1400 for the Dell "U2713HM (Digital)", but even this time it was set as (Recommended).
Bingo!
Don't warry if on your click to Apply, the sistem hangs again. Be patient, on restart it should be all right, perfectly working (or at least still adjustable): to me, no icon displaced now and the hibernation is immediate and fully functional.
If you use Virtualbox, don't forget to run-update the Extension_Pack thereafter.

Good luck. ;)

Dax Fohl

Awesome!  This actually got me up to 2450x1600 progressive-scan 60Hz CVT-RB on my HP laptop with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 controller!  (It also has an Nvidia 840M discrete GPU but I don't think that matters because the video outputs are both hooked up to the Intel controller--you can see that in the Nvidia control panel's PhysX tab).

Dax Fohl

I obviously meant 2560x1600, not 2450x1600 above....  Also that's on a Dell U3011 display.

Kyle Newman

Thanks so much for this article. Having had the issue of only getting 1920 x 1080 as an option I thought I'd wasted my money buying an expensive high res monitor. I followed your instructions and it's all working perfectly now at 2560 x 1440. As many others have said. You've made my day!!!  :D :D :D

tdim

I did as described with BENQ BL 2710PT and DELL Latitude E4630 but after 10-15 sec the screen started blinking and failed in black. This Dell notebook has only VGA and HDMI. Contacted Dell support and they told this notebook has HDMI 1.2 :( which doesn't support 2560x1440, only starting with 1.4 version according to them. But advised a solution - the doc station. I bought a used one (10 times less expensive than a new device) and connected via the display port normally. Hope this might be helpful for someone.

Gordan

Thank you very much in deed for this article. I recently bought a new 27'' high res monitor (2560x1440), based on a positive review conducted by a German web side famous for its monitor tests (www.prad.de). It is the iiyama ProLite XB2779QS-S1. I connected it to my 2010 Sony Vaio VPC-F11M1E. Since my Vaio notebook only features a HDMI (and a VGA) port I decided to connect it via the DVI cable (which came along with the monitor) with an adapter to HDMI. However my displayable resolution was limited to HDMI standard resolutions only (e.g. 1080p). When I applied the steps described above I was able to exploit the available native monitor high res! I had to set "CVT reduced blanking" instead of "automatic". The picture is sharp and clear!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview