News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Smartphone Review

Started by Redaktion, September 16, 2017, 15:37:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Back to being best. The Note 8 shines with a big, superb Infinity screen, high performance and, for the first time, with a dual-camera. As usual, the S-Pen that can be inserted into the casing is included. Whether Samsung has developed the ideal phablet after the Note 7 disaster will be clarified in the test.

Update: Information concerning PWM, display response times, temperatures and power consumption has been added.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-Smartphone-Review.249118.0.html

S.Yu

This is impossible, they used a secondary sensor with a 1.4 crop factor compared to the main, and with a lens a full stop slower, this automatically gives them a lens 2x the equivalent FL! It's a normal lens, which should be among the most compact and easy to design, yet they didn't even show a little effort and they give me this! I'm feeling strongly for the cheaper LG now! At least the UWA has a properly large aperture.

T. Lesnick

I'm pretty pleased with my Note 8.  My only (minor) problem is with the screen: I don't feel that traditional measurements are particularly useful any more when the screen is stretched so much.  In many applications, the top and bottom of the screen are not effectively utilized.  The narrow screen limits the number of lines or width of lines of text.  It feels, well, smaller than expected when in use.  I would have preferred something a little wider and less tall myself.  I also don't find the curved screen edges useful in any way - just another marketing move I guess.

Anon

Quote from: T. Lesnick on September 17, 2017, 23:46:13
My only (minor) problem is with the screen: I don't feel that traditional measurements are particularly useful any more when the screen is stretched so much.  In many applications, the top and bottom of the screen are not effectively utilized.
Probably you need to wait for Pixel with 18:9 display to come out. Fast forward after lots of technical stuffs being done, many devs will begin to make change to their apps to adopt 18:9 as well.

Gary

Now give me a 12.2 version SAMSUNG!

I DON'T WANT TO BUY AN IPAD PRO

Mike Mischler

Your battery tests are not even close to real world experience.  I had the note 7 and the S7 Edge.  Both of which, do not last near as long on a charge.  The battery maybe smaller than the S8+ but Samsung optimized the phone.  I have friends that have the Iphone 7 and the S8+ and none of them get the battery life, I do.  I honestly believe the battery life tests do not translate to real world experience here. I can go all day and come home with at least 64% battery.  I text, call, stream directv, and play music at gym for 1.5 hrs.  The bluetooth 5.0 is amazingly better than previous generation.  The phone is amazing and I can do way more things with this phone than I could with the S7 Edge and actually all my iphone friends love it.

sidney

Given the observation Super Saf had about the impact of 6gb of RAM vs 3 on the Iphone 8; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G669OgskM0. Basically the 6GB of RAM on the Note 8 allows the user to return to apps without a reload (up to about 30 apps running) whereas the Iphone 8 user has to reload and wait a bit longer for the app to return. Sure the A11 can load the apps ever so slightly faster but if the apps have to reload when running a few apps at a time the Note 8 takes a big edge in usability over the Iphone 8.  I can't help but wonder if the relative rating between the note 8 and iphone 8 is askew. If you toss in his observations about the cameras I would weigh the Note 8 higher than the iphone 8.

Sam1

The ending paragraph about the screen size is just ridiculous..it isn't narrower, just taller and thus offers amazing benefits in terms of extra size, especially in landscape mode.
21:9 movies for example are as big as on 6,4" screen of 16:9 format, which is borderline usable as a smartphone because of the width.
The 18.5:9 ratio of the Note 8 makes it stand out, makes great use of full websites and movies in the landscape mode, and makes it still perfectly comfortable to use in one hand.
Finally, games that are optimised for the extra width, are offering more immersive and less obstructed(with thumbs) experience.
The 16:9 is basically dead, and for a good reason.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview