News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Huawei Ascend W1 Smartphone

Started by Redaktion, May 13, 2013, 21:22:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei Gets things done. Huawei now releases a Windows 8 smartphone on the market dubbed Ascend W1. It features a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8230 SoC and a 4 GB internal flash memory. With a street price of below EUR 200, it wants to cater to new smartphone users and price conscious buyers.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Huawei-Ascend-W1-Smartphone.92219.0.html

William

Quite the review, I'm all convinced now to get this phone!  But maybe I'm still somewhat uncertain about its messaging performance.  On my Lumia 800 opening/reopening Line and WhatsApp take some time, and demo phones at the stores don't have that many contacts and ongoing conversations to better measure.  Anyone?

Alan Hardware

This `phone is very good as an entry level to Windows mobile and has enough performance to hold it`s own with iPhone 5 in side by side browser tests . Although the app count is on the low side , there are more than enough for all but app freaks with not much to do all day but play with the `phone . Storage copes very well when matched to the 32gb micro sd card and connecting to a Windows computer is so easy , plug and play , drag and drop to/from . Great value and very good performance . Very good photo`s . 8)

epotter

I do not agree that this is a good phone at all. It does have alot of internal memory but its almost full out of the box and there's no way to get rid of the pure junk that Microsoft has built into it. Besides the fact that Microsoft has put such unrealistic restrictions on it that popular developers cannot or will not create apps for it or if they can they cost money and rarely work. The complete lack of functionality like the basics every android would have ie create file folders or rename anything at all. Besides A continuous window problem and no way to close said window except for internet explorer. Most of all i hear there's been an available update that Huawei still hasn't choked up supposedly might even have flash player. I would say this phone is barely acceptable. My last android was soooo much better less than $100 at wal-mart. Would never recommend this curse to anyone ever!

Wylie

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview