News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Update Acer Aspire V3-771G (FHD) Notebook

Started by Redaktion, May 09, 2013, 09:00:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Second try. Although the Acer Aspire V3 was designed as multimedia notebook, the first test model did not come with a FullHD display. Now, the manufacturer fixed this shortcoming. The nearly identically equipped successor features an adequate display.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Update-Acer-Aspire-V3-771G-FHD-Notebook.91776.0.html

kanecvr

I've owned a V3-771G FHD for six months now, and am extremely happy with it's performance. It's a good, sturdy notebook, feels great in your hand. Touchpad is lovely, the keyboard is excellent. My only complaint is the DDR3 memory on the video card holding it back. My configuration came with a Core i5, 8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 from corsair, Corsair SP120 SSD (120GB), Hitachi 750GB HDD and a  blue ray drive, for less then 1000$. So far, the machine is holding up really well. Had to clean the fan a few weeks ago, it got clogged and caused slight overheating. Other than that - extremely happy - definitely best buy.

Chris N.

Guys, I love your detailed tests and recommendations. Great job there!
However, the description in this model says this is an IPS panel, but the datasheet on the right says it's a TN panel (as I saw later).
I bought this model based on your recommendation and it was a TN panel! This seems to be a total lottery. Is there a list of notebooks with IPS displays? Because buying online is not the best way to test a display. I am wasting money on shipping Acer V3s back. How can you tell which models have an IPS display without actually having to stand in front of it? Is there a certain model number?

Amanda

Hi i have my Notebook for few months but still struggle to be able to determine if i have caps lock on or off?? Wonder if i overlooked some light that suppose to light up?

Phil Grundy

mubrk2

IPS FULL HD ComfyView LED poor display after updating my aspire  laptop to windows 8.1

anglocad

Hi, I also own Acer V3 771G for nearly one year. I am satisfied with it-s performance even I use pretty demanding 3D CAD software. I also noticed slight overheating when using few applications. I am curious how to clean fan when I can-t open casing because it's still under warranty? I used to clean fan openings in my old Lenovo but by opening casing. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Nikola 

Sebastian S. Perkins

Writing this reply on an Acer V3 771g. Such a legendary computer, still running beautifully on the latest version of Windows 10 over 10 years after its manufacture. All I've changed is the battery, and it runs like a champ. Even runs games pretty well (I was able to get Hitman 3 to run at the lowest settings at ~20 fps), however that's not why I use this computer anymore. Old Acer laptops like this one are such good computers. I've even dropped it a few times, there is a small dent on the corner. Let's hope this computer stays with me for years to come!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview