News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Gigabyte P37X Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, April 04, 2015, 09:05:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Thin is in. How thin of a laptop can you fit a GTX 980M? The Gigabyte P37 is the thinnest 17.3-inch notebook with the Nvidia GPU and we find out if there are any performance consequences that may entail.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-P37X-Notebook-Review.139381.0.html

CPU Throttling

Well I'm pretty impressed with the GPU performance of the 980M in this thin & light notebook, the GPU didn't throttle at all during the Heaven Benchmark gaming stress test you did, and instead ran at max boost the whole time (1126Mhz) - very good!  However, the CPU throttled to what looks like 2.5GHz in the same test, that's not very good at all, and will limit gaming performance on CPU hungry games, this was probably why you got decreased framerates in Metro Last Light after running multiple loops of the game benchmark.  Once again, there are compromises to be made if you're gonna buy a Thin & Light notebook (as opposed to bulkier alternatives) - the CPU and/or GPU often throttles, in this notebook's case it's the CPU.

KorbenD

One small correction in the article.

On my P37W at least, the headphone jack has a red LED inside it, so it's also a Mini TOSLINK optical S/PDIF output.

I haven't tested it yet (cable on order) but it should work fine to connect to an A/V receiver.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview