News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E-S01DE Notebook

Started by Redaktion, April 19, 2013, 08:27:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Little brother. Powerful hardware within a more compact case: The 15.6-inch Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E-S01DE is equipped with a fast AMD Radeon HD 8870M graphics card, a matte Full HD display and a premium-quality metal case. We are putting the $1500-laptop through its paces.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-Series-7-Chronos-770Z5E-S01DE-Notebook.91341.0.html

Minhquan Nguyen

Felix, do you have any information on the touchscreen version of this laptop?

T1beriu

Quote"Even some casual gaming was possible [...] Still, this is not a gamer's device."

The 8870M is ranked in the middle of your Class 1 (!!!) graphics card comparison tree, right below 670M, a chip that gets very high gaming performance appraisals in many of your reviews! Please don't tell me Class 1 isn't a gaming class or that 670M is a great gaming card when they both virtually have the same performance.

Who in his right mind would buy a laptop with so much GPU power if he wasn't a GAMER?!

I'll just use all this GPU power to edit some word documents. /s

Ddonuts4

How does this thing get such amazing battery life? The MSI GT60, for example, has very similar hardware and battery capacity, yet gets half the battery life.

Anonymous

There must be a typo in here somewhere. SOMEWHERE.

The HD 8870M is better than the 660M, and far better than the GTX 555M and 540M, both advertised as gaming cards.

YET 10 HOURS? RIDICULOUS! Did they use some crazy magic to get such good performance and battery life? Why aren't any other manufacturers doing it? Even for NoteBookCheck, the greatest notebook review site (screen gamut measuring, detailed performance and battery testing), it is still completely unexplained how this unpopular laptop has absolutely destroyed the status quo.

Abdul sattar

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)love ur review ... keep up the good work i just a question how many of 770z5e will come ??? because i need that product of samsung series 7 chronos in which
i7 3rd generation
1tb
16gb ram
2 gb graohic of 8870 amd
plz tell me

m4ss

I play full HD, AA2X, all settings high Farcry and Bioshock infinite, and this is not (also) a game machine ??? -_-'
I simply love my 770z5e, and I've change the HDD with a Samsung 840 pro 256GB and it simply fly !!!
This is the best notebook around today.

PG

If the battery life is accurate, this is one awesome laptop. Fantastic GPU performance, excellent screen, great build quality - what's not to like?

spotifysucks001

Quote from: Ddonuts4 on April 19, 2013, 20:51:43
How does this thing get such amazing battery life? The MSI GT60, for example, has very similar hardware and battery capacity, yet gets half the battery life.
Yeah, can anyone explain this? It's mind boggling. Also, the GT60 is more than twice as thick.

Danielo

@#9,  256 GB, SSD looks to be the standard in Swedish shops: Samsung 7-Series NP770Z5E. Getting mine tomorrow.

Michina

Samsung stop copying Apple you did this with phones now with laptops this is ridiculous.

Alan001

SSD swap is easy on this laptop. many owners have done this without issue. makes this the best on the market for this segment.

PickyPurchaser

The reason for the good battery life is that it's using the Intel HD 4000. Like Nvidia's Optimus, AMD has switchable graphics cards and the 8870 is not in use to get the battery life's recorded in this review. Even then, the battery life is spectacular above pretty much every other laptop, getting around 11 hours non Wifi use and around 6 hours of streaming a HD movie. This can be credited to the 91Whr battery in the Chronos, comparable to the 95Whr one in the 15" rMBP. Adding a SSD in also increases the battery life by an hour or so.

Ddonuts4

Quote from: PickyPurchaser on April 22, 2013, 16:11:53
The reason for the good battery life is that it's using the Intel HD 4000. Like Nvidia's Optimus, AMD has switchable graphics cards and the 8870 is not in use to get the battery life's recorded in this review. Even then, the battery life is spectacular above pretty much every other laptop, getting around 11 hours non Wifi use and around 6 hours of streaming a HD movie. This can be credited to the 91Whr battery in the Chronos, comparable to the 95Whr one in the 15" rMBP. Adding a SSD in also increases the battery life by an hour or so.
I still maintain that these specs are almost identical to the MSI GT60 laptop, which has a 87Wh battery, intel 3630QM CPU, and nvidia Optimus switchable graphics with a GT 670M/Intel HD 4000, which is just a tiny bit faster than the 8870. It gets 4.5 hrs of battery life. It's also somehow more than twice as thick.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview