News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Samsung Series 5 530U4E-S02DE Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, March 29, 2013, 23:59:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Understatement. Samsung restyles its midrange dubbed Series 5 with plain, high-end looks and fresh components. Onboard we find a matte 14 inch screen, a dual-core processor from Intel and a dedicated graphics from AMD. This configuration is currently priced at about EUR 800.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-Series-5-530U4E-S02DE-Ultrabook.90162.0.html

C3PO

Thanks, Great test of a SuperB laptop. But how am I gonna remove the backplate to upgrade HDD for the new 1TB WD 7mm drive and repasting the CPU and GPU with AC diamond? I do not want go to service because of that:(.
Where can I find this laptop in the USA?

Allen.Ngo

The HDD is not easily accessible and may require removing the entire bottom plate. I believe the equivalent US model is the 530U4E-S01 as seen here:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/computer-peripherals/notebook/series-5-rf-series/NP530U4E-S01HK

series 5 fan

I bought this in Seoul. Aside from it to be slightly heavier than the Mac Air, I have no complains with its build and performance. Plays SimCity like a charm. And the added battery extender is a plus for people who needs to keep it plugged in to game. 9/10 in my POV.

I think the red variant it's a beauty. Get that one if you can.

Matan

I also bought this laptop, and i ran the windows 8 rate.. but my processor rate at 3.6!! how can it be such a difference?

series 5 fan

To the guy with a lower CPU Windows Exp. Index:

1) Press the Windows key
2) Type Setting and Enter
3) Select General -> Silent Mode
4) Make sure it's OFF instead of Auto or Low

Also make sure your Power Profile is set to "Samsung Optimized".

galahad

There may be some mistake concerning the CPU-Z and GPU-Z screenshots: the attached CPU-Z screenshot claims the CPU to be i5-3427U (instead of i5-3337U), the GPU-Z reports a "Radeon HD 8700 series" with the GPU and the graphic memory clocked 300 MHz (which should be at least 620 MHz if I'm not mistaken). The pixel fillrate, texture fillrate and memory bandwidth figures (2.4 Gpixel/s, 7.2 GTexel/s and 9.6 GB/s, respectively) seem suspiciously low, even the the 3 yr-old NVidia ION2 cards in ASUS 1215N netbooks easily outperform these values (with 15.2 Gpixel/s, 30.4 GTexel/s and 12.6 GB/s). I'm feeling a little confused, can somebody help me explaining this?

V0rt

Does this Ultrabook have a Msata slot?
Because i need place and dont want to miss a SSD.
Thank you

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview