News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo IdeaPad S405 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, December 31, 2012, 23:55:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Couch potato. Lenovo's Ideapad S405 comes with a Trinity quad core and a light case and is very quiet. But, how do its dark glare-type display and its 32 Wh battery blend in with mobile ambitions?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-S405-Notebook.86795.0.html

WayneH

In Battery Life section, WLAN Test, it says S400 lasts only 1:55 hr. Is it a typo?

Netomanx

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S405 Notebook, only cost 350 $, and I love it, it runs fast for a low class cpu, I have been able to watch a 1080p blue ray on a HDMI 40 inch tv, and stream Netflix on my laptop screen at the same time with no significant slowdowns on balance performance, that is pretty damn fast for a low cost cpu, and it's pretty much a gaming machine, I have been able to get turbo mode always on with a custom plan profile, removed Lenovo energy management and gotten amazing graphics on all my pc games, basically if it can run on PS3, it can run on this laptop at 720p, (which is basically the real res of xbox 360 & ps3)  also you have to configure the APU for performance always on, I really wasn't expecting so much performance out of this tinny pc. The real problem is the battery life, under heavy gaming only 1 hour, casual use with wifi 2 – 3 hours, other than that, this laptop is pretty much the best bang for the buck, AMD did an amazing job with this new set of processors, and Lenovo just gave it an amazing look for the price.

Mahesh Patjoshi

i totally disagree with the test results for games..since i have played games such as crysis 3 (30 fps with 1024*768, medium presets),remember me (1024*768 low),castlevania (24-25 fps high presets, 1280*720),nfs the run (1280 *720, low presets.),Battlefield 3 (720p, 25-30 fps,custom), also many more games were playable with 30 fps after a little tweaking. so unless you wanna run each and every game at ultra or high this laptop can handle most of the games which are properly optimized for pc.

Mahesh Patjoshi

also i am using razer game booster and amd raptr gaming evolved. you need to use performance power plan to get the most out of this laptop for gaming.also bluray movies are easily handled when in power saver profile.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview