News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Envy 13-d000ng Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 22, 2015, 04:46:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Value for money. The Envy 13 from HP is a fresh candidate for the subnotebook crown. We can say this upfront: It cannot quite keep up with the current leaders like the Dell XPS 13 and Apple MacBook in respect of the performance. But it does not have to – because our review unit convinces in another section: It is rare that you get a13-inch system with so many pixels for the money.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Envy-13-d000ng-Notebook-Review.156145.0.html

Gary

Why oh why do you suffer 'pixel envy'.. why does this notebook have a 3200px screen when you clearly know the human eye cannot resolve anything more than 180dpi... so it offers no benifit in that regard,,

Further, it has no dedicated GPU to support such a demanding screen and no HDMI 2.0 to output this resolution to a large res monitor.

It is hard to take your reviews seriously when they are so uncritical of "My pixels are bigger than your pixels " marketing ploys... pampering to showroom saleman's pitches to the masses...

Otakar Hirs

In my oppinion it would be good to compare battery life also with FullHD display setting.  It makes a big difference.

asj2410

I have the same notebook for 590£ at a student discount. Featuring i5/8Gb Ram/256Gb M.2. It has a matte 1080p display and rest everything the same.

Battery life is about 5-6hours on a typical work day. Less on gaming use.

Honestly I think its a steal of a price for such a device considering it punches much above its weight.

I just don't understand the SSD speeds being so low.

emdot

I just bought this laptop. Even thought it has a Kensington slot, I can't plug my lock there. I can put it in my other laptops, but in this one it just doesn't lock.
Have you tried if it works? Looks like a design problem to me.

Dragos

Riff

Thats so true of most reviews Ive read. These manufacturers and reviewers have got to stop with the pixel count and take into consideration of screen size. Im a designer and a photographer and constantly lecture these subjects so I know that it doesnt make sense to cram in as many pixels in a small (tiny) screen. You simply wont see the difference. Also based on my findings, QHD screen uses up much more power than FHD. As another commenter stated, why not compare two envy with QHD and FHD for power consumption.

pixxi

Comments made here are simply incorrect. At 13.3", a FHD is very noticeably inferior to higher resolutions. I am talking about the average eye, at average screen distance. I encourage everyone to see for yourself by comparing side-by-side two screens. I.e., it is untrue that more than 180ppi is not discernable to the human eye. Note that FHD only has 165ppi at 13.3". An ideal pixel densitiy is 220ppi. This is the case for 1440p screens at 13.3". So I encourage you to get 1440p 13.3" screens. 1800p @13.3" however is indeed an unnecessary burden on the battery in most usage situations. However, note that if you are mostly on AC/plugged in, I would even recommend 1800p over 1440p provided it has good contrast. You will even see an improvement in readability, i.e. the 1800p will be easier on your eyes with small fonts. This has to do with clear type etc. Small fonts will appear somewhat more grayish at 1440p than at 1800p.1800p will need fewer gray pixels to smooth the edges.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview