News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review HP ProBook 4540s Notebook

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2012, 00:50:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Modified details. The refresh of the well-known ProBook 45X0s series wants to score with a matte screen, good application performance and two operating systems. Our test reveals whether the laptop is compelling.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-HP-ProBook-4540s-Notebook.85978.0.html

sinter

"permanently audible fan" is solved by turning it off from the BIOS. All HP laptops come with it enabled.

Matt S.

Total piece of crap don't waste your money. The hybrid graphics suck donkey. Good luck getting the 7650m GPU to actually work. Called HP and of course their tech support is no help. Their suggestion...reinstall windows. I have a 1.5 year old toshiba with a GT550m that runs circles around this thing. Avoid this laptop. You have been warned.

zubair

how i used double tapping my mousepad is lock and on letf led please help

sakitha

my lap display bright and colors auto ages back ground colour.how can i stop it?is it problem or option?

sakitha

my lap display bright and colors auto ages back ground colour.how can i stop it?is it problem or option?

roulio

Does turning "fan always on" off really solve the problem ? Does the fan totally stop in idle mode ?

Adnan

Is it possible to dedicate more ram memory to this intel hd 4000? it show's me that it is only 64 mb and i dont have option in bios to change it.. Is there any way to change it on 128 or more???

maj

Great Display, nice keyboard , graphic drivers works great on windows, on linux there is a little problem with radeon driver but AMD works on it so with 3.10 kernel it would be great.
Goes very Hot, i don't like it.   :(

Mark Selenkov

Great laptop for upgrades. It takes any Ivy Bridge CPU, can easily replace HD to SSD, same for WiFi cards (no whitelist) and LVDS cable from 4740S (50.4RY03.001) allows screen upgrade to 1080P
About "fan noise". It is reduced "in idle" to 2600rpm comparing to 4530S(3200rpm). Widely available programs can push it even further to 1900rpm.

Nikola Tosic

Babak

good for money saving!
i have 4540s core i5 -6 gig ram-and no fingerprint.
it's so good but i am still surprised why there is no fingerprint?
anybody any comment?

Babak

Quote from: maj on May 09, 2013, 18:10:15
Great Display, nice keyboard , graphic drivers works great on windows, on linux there is a little problem with radeon driver but AMD works on it so with 3.10 kernel it would be great.
Goes very Hot, i don't like it.   :(
install drivers it will be cool as ice! first install softpaq from hp and then softpaq will find other drivers and then your problem will be solved!
send me mail if solved.

parker Brian

my key board letters A is interchanged with Q, W with Z

Shami

I've just bought a new 4540s. The problem is the LED of touch pad was on when i bought it but after i double tap that; it was turned off & now it's not turning on. Pls advice me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview