News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo IdeaPad U430 Touch Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, September 06, 2013, 09:52:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Turbo-Book. Everything in one device: Great build quality, nice design, good performance with full Turbo power and a touch panel with HD+ resolution. The perfect package?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaPad-U430-Touch-Ultrabook.100623.0.html

Flaat

You guys are saying this thing is heavy, and then proceed to compare it to 2 15.6 inch laptops that weight 2.5 kilo's.

Other than that good review as always. 

Snapdragon

Hello, I believe the connector you mentioned as 'Unknown' near the CMOS battery is actually an M.2 slot. This is brilliant news, you can put an SSD in there along with your Mechanical Hard Drive :)

walterE

Good review and I agree with most points.
The i7 CPU, good battery life, 10 points touch-screen, portable size, nice design and decent price tag has been a good match for me.

My beefs (seems like much but the good outweighs the bad in my opinion):
Dual channel RAM would have been nice! I am quite sad I can't upgrade this but it is plenty for my needs...I guess..

Without adjusting screen settings the screen offers an unpleasant viewing experince, it becomes much better with fine tuned adjustments.

When the hard drive is working there often is a high-pitched noise, not terribly loud but very annoying and other times it literally (or perhaps sonically) turns into a ticking clock. (Maybe the high-pitch just clicks the wrong way with my 'frequency interception devices' but I really hope I can remove the noise by installing a SSD drive instead - without knowing if it is possible at all)

The keyboard is good but not great. I don't like Optimus, it's dodgy (with me in charge).
The touchpad is allright but the surface is not that good, though it gets better with use. Drivers I don't know much about but they seem not to be that great. I want middle-mouse click without registry wizardry or what not, and two finger tap (not click) is not working even with most recent drivers (maybe it is not a feature in which case I am dumbfounded).

And finally the last thing which I do not like about this otherwise great laptop is the power chord. The power adaptor itself is reasonably sized but the end going in to the computer seems engineered to break. It is USB size, sticks out 3-4 cm and has for the uninitiated what seems like a 'plastic thingy for maximum stiffness' attached close to the end of it, which make it unruly and constantly setting it self up for akward positioning.

sebastian12345

Hello dear staff.
I think you're vastly incorrect about the NVIDIA Optimus technology being available on this model. My supplier informed me that the HD4400 unit is D I S A B L E D on this model, which leaves both WiDi and NVIDIA Optimus defect. Please look into this issue as this is critical for me. If you should not investigate the WiDi and Optimus capability of this "ultrabook" it will destroy my trust in your website. thank you.

Ali J

This is one of the best ultra book ever made. Fast CPU, very very nice design, excellent graphic and affordable price. I got one and recommended to all of my friends.

Mills

With this thing wasn't impossible to find. Also wish it came with an i7...

klawel

Quote from: walterE on September 11, 2013, 19:19:58
When the hard drive is working there often is a high-pitched noise, not terribly loud but very annoying and other times it literally (or perhaps sonically) turns into a ticking clock. (Maybe the high-pitch just clicks the wrong way with my 'frequency interception devices' but I really hope I can remove the noise by installing a SSD drive instead - without knowing if it is possible at all)
I bought the u430 with i7 and 256GB SSD.  There is also this high-pitched noise under load, which is very annoying. I really liked the ultrabook but decided to return it.

Carlos D

I just got this computer today running on i7 4gb 500gb hard drive and so far it seems to be a great computer. Accessibility is easy and you can tell how fast it works with no lag using multiple programs and windows. The only thing I disliked is the webcam it has really bad quality. Other than that I am pretty happy with this computer. It is light and easy to carry.

mak

From where I can buy the battery? or do any lenovo model that uses the same battery?

Brandt

I got this computer a couple weeks ago and for the most part, I love it. However, the lack of port for a laptop lock is truly obnoxious.

Erik

I have bought this two months ago and it there is a terrible noise in the fan. I turned it in for repairs immediately, but Lenovo couldn't get a spare fan and I decided to get it back after finding a fan at ebay. This fan turns out to be the wrong fan.... So now I'm at loss :-( Not very impressed with Lenovo quality control or their parts support!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview