News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series: 256 GB

Started by Redaktion, October 24, 2012, 04:53:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Fast and conservative? Samsung presents the successor to the popular 830 series: the new SSD 840 Pro series. Samsung promises to set new records in performance and power consumption. Ideal for notebooks? We will find out in the following review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Samsung-SSD-840-Pro-Series-256-GB.83419.0.html

MikeI

This report is very good but I have no clue how to take advantage of this in my laptop.
How to retrofit my laptop?
Why aren't the SSD capabilities classified in YOUR reviews (similar to the RPM parameter on hard disk or the transfer rate)?
How to estimate the reliability improvement? Does the SSD have SMART utility or something similar?

Klaus Hinum

Hi Mikel,
the Samsung tools can give you a rough estimate on the current state of the SSD. SMART is of course supported by the SSD. The MTBF and other data is hard to judge, according to the values of the spec sheet, the failure rate should never be an issue for desktop users.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

GhoulSlasher

First, nice review as always. Second, I have not been able to locate anything related to your remarks on Tom's Hardware's testing of DMPI-support. Could you please link or comment on this?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview