News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo IdeaTab A2109A Tablet

Started by Redaktion, October 14, 2012, 11:23:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Budget Performer. Lenovo updates the IdeaTab A series with both 7-inch and 9-inch offerings, each with a Tegra 3 processor, metal roll cage and aluminum housing. For around $269, is this tough tablet enough to convince users on a budget?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-IdeaTab-A2109A-Tablet.82834.0.html

D. Ritchie

The reviewer mentions that the auto rotation must be found in the Settings Menu. I found that to be so, and that it was not enabled in Settings, but there is a button which flips up or donw on the (outside) left side of the tablet if viewing in Landscape orientation, that allows the tablet to auto rotate. It appears to be an easier access point than going into Settings.
While I am writing, for those who aren't aware of where the SD card slot is, it's under the speaker/rear camera access panel. You place each hand on the portruding tiny nodules sticking out and then gently push on the nodules in an up and out/away movement. The panel is a thin plastic so don't push too hard. You do not need any screwdrivers or implements to remove this panel, only a small bit of pressure. There is a tiny 1/4" slot at the top of the tablet that looks like you insert some kind of tool in to remove the panel but that is not where you remove it from. The 2 tiny gray nodules on either side are what you place your fingers or fingernails under to remove the panel. The SD slot is on the left.
This tablet seemed to support the fee sites for books. But by going to Settings/Security/  then see Unknown sources and saying OK in the pop up winder, I was able to download the site 10,000 eBooks which is a totally free book site-nice. After downloading my source I went back and disabled Unknown sources.

John Andersson

I really love this tablet
It`s fast and also nicely build, with a look that really makes it classy.
The screen could be better but who looks at a tablet from an angle? not me....
Games really play great and music sounds awesome.... the price is the biggest plus.... just great when you think about it.....  a real steal....  :o

Gordon

The Ideapad A2109 is amazing. The quadcore runs smooth and I do not experience any lag. I especially love the fast bootup. It's like 3 seconds and you can use it already. A very good thingy is the mechanical lock-switch for the auto-rotate option. no hassle with going deep into menus etc. 1GB of RAM is totally enough for my needs. Internal storage and microsd slot + OTG USB. This tablet gives you loads for litlle money.

I bought it from amazon, where it is really cheap:
Amazon.com: Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 9-Inch 16 GB Tablet: Computers & Accessories:

rob.w

I have previously had an android tablet. Wouldn't want one or any product that has fruit as a name. .. . I can say without reservation that this tablet performs very well. I read the article and hop the opinion that when put under test conditions as above, the information is presented by geeks and for geeks. My wife bought me this as a present and she is a technophobe. But she did do her research and concluded that this would meet my needs. What more does one need. At the end of the day you pays your money and make your choice. This, for me is a very good choice. Really enjoying its ease of use. Thanks Sam (the wife) and thanks Lenovo.  ;)

Cassandra

The tablet is wonderful with large memory and excellent performance. My only qualm is the fact that the socket for the recharging cord keeps failing. I had to replace the whole tablet because they couldn't fix the socket and now my replacement one is having the same problem

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview