News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Camera comparison of surprises: Which flagship smartphone has the best camera at the start of 2021?

Started by Redaktion, January 06, 2021, 03:17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Xiaomi's masterpiece, Google is punished! The camera test features: Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra, Huawei P40 Pro Plus, Google Pixel 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra, and the OnePlus 8 Pro. We will find out which high-end smartphone will be ahead in the end in our detailed camera comparison.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Camera-comparison-of-surprises-Which-flagship-smartphone-has-the-best-camera-at-the-start-of-2021.513119.0.html

Grinnie Jax

I don't feel that Pixel is an outsider here... Quite reversely, I think it deserves a #2 place judging from your photos. Huawei would be #1, it's images are the most detailed, in focus, but the colors are a bit off to colder. I would place the Pixel #2: images are a bit softer compared to Huawei, but the colors are more appealing. The night photo you made, did not implement the Google algorithm, it can be much better.

vrvly

What I think: depend on usage, s20 got highest resolution stills and best 8K, mate40pro+ got most pleasant output and capabilities, xperia 1II gives you full control of cameras like pro mirrorless and best colors.
There is no perfect phone but if you are audiophile and photographer at once, xperia 1II is the only option. Or coming 1III.

samuelk

None of these has a mini-jack port, if I'm not wrong? In the time of all day online meetings, it's a real pain in the arse to be unable to charge and have a plugged headset without a third-party I-die-after-three-months-dongle.

Eric

In the daylight shots, Google's Pixel 5 mops the floor with the other phones' cameras. It offers the most realistic colors and by far the most realistic contrast.

fking trump

If the Huawei Trump ban  didn't exist, I would be having a Huawei right now. Their phones are so good, yet that retarded Trump hates China, so he enacted the Trump Huawei ban. I'm glad he's gone.

NeonRobot

In terms of resolution moded Nokia808 will bring all of this shiny phones to knees. Yeah, in 2021.

NikoB

All Chinese optics are simply awful in quality.

It makes no sense to compare a picture taken at the factory settings - they are terrible.

It makes no sense to compare images in jpeg if the firmware allows you to shoot in raw.

My old smartphone 5 years ago, with separate paid software and settings for high quality, easily makes these tops ...

S.Yu

I think some of the night photos are out of focus, especially Pixel's. And the translation obviously needs some work.
As for the night shot that's in focus, IMO Pixel's stands out, indisputably. Pixel's is, as it has been for a few years, the only one that has "structure". At a ~900P size the Samsung might match the Pixel, making it a matter of preference, but at 100% the Samsung lacks structure, just as the Xiaomi and the Huawei. Additionally, the Huawei loses color data as the RYYB tends to in certain circumstances, and the Xiaomi has some huge blots in the distance resembling artificial bokeh. I hope that's not because artificial bokeh is somehow baked into Xiaomi's night mode.
When the Pixel messed up the first night mode shot I believe it was probably an error in automatic settings and/or a transient focusing issue.
IMO the Pixel is as reliable as your manual settings make it (auto is an issue) and how steady your hands are, but other models are often unable to make use of additional exposures allowed by a steady hand.

S.Yu

Quote from: fking trump on January 06, 2021, 14:28:56
If the Huawei Trump ban  didn't exist, I would be having a Huawei right now. Their phones are so good, yet that retarded Trump hates China, so he enacted the Trump Huawei ban. I'm glad he's gone.
You're a fking idiot eagar to sell your soul to the devil.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview