News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Update Samsung Series 7 700Z3C-S01 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, October 07, 2012, 08:02:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Longer battery life. The Ivy Bridge update from Samsung's handy 14-inch Chronos perfected the battery life. You will also learn if the new processor and the new Geforce GT630M graphics pay off for the buyer.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Update-Samsung-Series-7-700Z3C-S01-Notebook.78315.0.html

Brian

I have the 700Z3C and can't get it to wake from sleep via my wireless USB mouse or keyboard.  Anyone have any answers??

Silver Kawamori

Maybe you should consider the not detachable battery as a minus, because the constant charging while the laptop is plugged in (Li-polymer batteries have a fixed amount of cycles) and the high temperature (i.e while gaming) both shorten the lifetime of the battery quite drastically.

AnnaT

And absolutely lousy wi fi card with  constantly dropping connectivity   I just recently bought Chronos 7 with Intel wi fi card, what a rubbish. I like the notebook but   connectivity  drives me mad. My work laptop with broadcom  card works fine so I have a comparison...

Lars A G

The BIOS on these machines has a bug which when used with UEFI boot can fill up the chip and brick the PC. So avoid using UEFI .
(Done that with a Linux distro and UEFI - had to replace the motherboard.
Samsung will not aknowledge this bug and has not refunded me)
I replaced the hard disk with an SSD and installed Windows 8.1.
The small internal SSD I used for Windows swap (pagefile.sys).
All of Samsung's special drivers for function keys work well under Windows 8, but not with Windows 10.
The machine now boots in about 10 seconds and is still one of my best laptops.(2020)

Lars A G

I should add that when doing a clean install you can actually reformat the insternal Sandisk express cache disk and use for anything you like. It's only 7-8 Gb so as I said above, it's ideal for Windows' pagefile.sys.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview