News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Google Pixel 4 Review: no longer at the smartphone forefront

Started by Redaktion, November 26, 2019, 21:50:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Pixel 4 features almost no real updates save for a touchless gesture control feature and a 90 Hz panel. Otherwise, the device can be considered mostly a facelift. Unfortunately, it no longer features a fingerprint reader and the battery has decreased in capacity. Let's find out whether this new recipe actually works.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-Pixel-4-Review-no-longer-at-the-smartphone-forefront.444731.0.html

Puppy

There is no true Dual SIM support (two SIM cards) as majority of even cheapest Android phones provide. eSIM as an option is still close to zero in many countries. Please add it to Cons.

xpclient

Since the only redeeming value of this phone is great display+great camera but nothing else, it should be priced around $300 or so.

hang

I think the "touchless gesture" is triggered by Soli radar instead of NIR camera...

ZeddBread

I have owned this phone for a month now. It is the worst phone I've owned.

I have previously owned a Samsung S8+, Asus Zenfone 4 Pro, Zenfone 3 Laser and unfortunately the Nokia Lumia with the 40 Megapixel camera.

The Pixel 4 XL was a complete gamble, I had broken my Zenfone 4 Pro after 2 years of phenomenal service, I needed a new phone and thought hey why not try the Pixel 4.

After my experience with Nokia it's unlike me to purchase a phone without doing my research.
This was a desperate move for a quick new phone and the worst possible decision I have ever made.

No fingerprint, just face. 👎🏽
I need to aim my face at the phone to unlock it. It fails when in poor lighting, holding it at an angle doesn't do crap, while I'm at a red light and want to open the phone without looking suspicious is impossible.

No wide lens. 👎🏽
This was released way after Asus, Samsung and even iPhone had released wide angle lenses.

Control centre. 🤏🏽
I come from an Asus background and their GUI is the best I have used so far.
The Pixel 4? Displays 6 items when pulled halfway, then shifts to a locked 3x3 grid of buttons. Mind you, the gap between each button is literally half an inch. You can't change it. Sure they give you pages, but it's there to be QUICK! And what bugs me the most?
IT DOESN'T HAVE THE OPTION TO ADD A CALCULATOR!!!
WTF?!

I have an entire list written down of a lot more wasted potential and lack of features and suggestions. I've sent them heaps in a professional manner, but it's been almost a month since the first few and they still haven't released an update.

Please whatever you do...
DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE.

Korrekturleser

The slow PWM flickering should be in the con list, because this is the flickering speed you get when reading at night.

"increased PWM frequency range typical for 90 Hz panels regardless of display brightness. That said, PWM frequencies fluctuated significantly between 176.1 and 367.6 Hz and are thus low enough to potentially cause eye strain and headaches in sensitive users."

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview