News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Dell Latitude E5430 Notebook

Started by Redaktion, September 16, 2012, 11:00:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A sense of balance. Dell's newest 14-inch Latitude seeks a perfect balance of cost, practicality, and portability, bolstered most notably by its newfound optional Ivy Bridge chipset. Is the E5430 everything the budget-conscious businessperson has been waiting for?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Dell-Latitude-E5430-Notebook.81765.0.html

Jane Davey

Very helpful, but I am still stuck with one question - every time I perform a function such as deleting an email, the laptop makes a very loud noise - any way I can turn this down or off?  Thanks

hank robin

bob

the e5430 has problems with fan noise:
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19480918/20289602.aspx

weird that this does not get mentioned here.

besides that, a BIOS update should hopefully fix it, but there is no information available from dell whether they intend to fix it.

Steve Schardein

That is indeed strange.  As you can see from our measurements above, although the noise levels under load were high, it wasn't very common that the notebook reached this point.  The idle levels were often nearly silent on our review unit, and most of the time the noise was more than tolerable.

It seems this may be an issue that only affects some E5430 notebooks.  From reading that thread, it does appear to be BIOS-related.  I am willing to bet that a future update resolves the problem for those affected.

Thanks for the feedback regardless.

John Freed

I have only had this unit two weeks. will not even start up and run programs.  Keeps rebooting and showing a PXE-E61 : Media test failure, check cable
all this machine knows how to do is reboot ad infinitedom

Paulo

I just got one, and it might be thick and "ugly" but inside is a super machine. HDMI, USB3.0, i5, DDR3 at 1666mhz..Really if you dont need to drag it with you all the time this is a great solution.

Steve Schardein

John,

Sounds like a failed hard drive to me.  It appears to be searching for a boot device and failing, then falling back on the LAN boot instead.  Try running diagnostics from the boot menu if you haven't already. 

István Simon

I bought this laptop few weeks ago. I think they worth it, and with the newest bios the cooler's sound isn't loud. The case has a good quality and the keyboard is very comfortable for long typing.

steve w

hi,

Is this laptop worth $500 used? and how do i know if it has the HD+ or regular HD? thanks

shyam mogili

Good detailed review... like this. :)  Was very useful.

Vikrant Gupta

Excellent review. First review i read on this site n i m in luv with ur methodology. U hav pointed out all the things i wanted to know including noise n temp readings and most importantly latency readings.

Great job guys.

I guess i'll stop by here for all the reviews that i want!

Bof Dem

Seriously - this review is the worst, most biased or retarded piece I've EVER read.

"Exemplary build" ?  "Fantastic keyboard" ?

I've owned two - and my company has hundreds - and this is the WORST machine I've ever used.  It's slow, crashes (due to memory issues), power/battery is a disaster (we've had dozens of problems), Dell support is crap - wait it's s*** - and in general, I would NEVER, EVER, EVER buy one of these pieces of trash.  EVER.

Bof Dem

Quote from: Vikrant Gupta on August 02, 2013, 05:02:33
Excellent review. First review i read on this site n i m in luv with ur methodology. U hav pointed out all the things i wanted to know including noise n temp readings and most importantly latency readings.

Great job guys.

I guess i'll stop by here for all the reviews that i want!

How about spelling words?  Great comment - validates Dell fo' shizzle mah curry stinking nizzle.

Prasad

You guys are doing a wonderfull job. I was looking for the lcd profile for E5430 and finally found it here after two days of internet search. Thanks a lot.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview