News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker Vision 15 (Intel NUC M15) Laptop Review: Intel's answer to XPS 15 and MacBook Pro?

Started by Redaktion, December 03, 2020, 20:37:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Vision 15 from Schenker Technologies is one of the first notebooks based on Intel's brand-new NUC M15. There has been a lot of development effort for the 15.6-inch laptop and it offers a good basis whitebook for a premium multimedia laptop. We have already reviewed the Schenker Vision 15 and see if it really is an alternative for the Dell XPS 15 or Apple MacBook Pro.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-Vision-15-Intel-NUC-M15-Laptop-Review-Intel-s-answer-to-XPS-15-and-MacBook-Pro.507546.0.html

béla

Thanks for reviewing it.

I was waiting for this device and I still like it, but the unwanted touch screen, the lack of 16:10 ratio and most importantly, the dedicated GPU. If they were able to put in a gtx 1650 they would've bought me.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. I still think they did a good job with this one.

Yngmar

More ports than the XPS, which would be very welcome, but the lack of 16:10 display is unacceptable. And as bela said, a GPU option is missing.

Anonymous

The model reminds me of old Elitebook 9480M, but bigger. Damn, I loved that laptop. I wish HP would release another laptop just like that. Replaceable battery, dual socket ram, 2.5" HDD with 2242 m2, full port... Good display, and nice (not the best though, but still very good) keyboard. No worthy successor after 9480m.

passenger

Jurriaan

So why should I look elsewhere if I want to run Linux? Is something preventing me from installing ubuntu on it? Lack of drivers for example?

xpclient

Although I am not of a fan of such a keyboard and touchpad, this laptop does seem to have set a new benchmark for Tiger Lake performance. Other OEMs should make sure the cooling and sustained performance under load is as good as this.

Dorby

Its design resembles the MacBook Pro 16 so I think it is only fair that you should quantify sound quality on both laptops and base your overall "rating" of this laptop solely on their disparity.

Jokes aside, I'm not spending $1,500 on a flagship laptop that has speakers sounding worse than $30 wireless speakers.

Jesse

If there is no GPU, why does it weigh this much?  My kid has a 2 year old, 15.6",  Lenovo piece of crap that weighs less and cost half as much.

If LG can do a 17" version that only weighs 1.3 kg, and charge less for it, I'm going to have to call this intel NUC a failure.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview