News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

USB Docking Station in Review: Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock 0A33970

Started by Redaktion, September 02, 2012, 10:32:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

DVI extension. No docking port? No problem. The Lenovo USB 3.0 Dock takes advantage on a single USB 3.0 port to replicate multiple DVI outputs, 5x USB 3.0 ports, and Gigabit Ethernet. In this review, we find out what you can and cannot do with the Lenovo Dock.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/USB-Docking-Station-in-Review-Lenovo-USB-3-0-Dock-0A33970.81021.0.html

Matt5

Great review thanks.  How is the Gigabit Ethernet performance and how does it affect CPU usage?

Schase

Am I missing something here????  No power to the notebook from the docking station?

Morten

Dave Lowe

i just bought this, am gutted that it doesn't charge the x1 - surely thats pretty much the point of a docking station. rubbish dont bother say the money and buy another charging lead.

ER ER

Just bought it With my X1 Carbon Touch. It is c r a p crap. Crappy Picture, mouse lag, no charging of the X1... What a big Waste and horrible piece of Tech from Lenovo. They should be ashamed.

walkeer

guys, common, its UNIVERSAL USB dosking station you can use on any laptop with USB (3.0 preferrably). Ofcourse it does not charge your laptop, its universal!!

dudelino

this docking station is one of the most horrendous pieces of crap Lenovo ever put together. The X1 works great, but don't think you can get anything done if you want to hook up a couple of screens a mouse and a keyboard. significant lag on everything, with absolutely no help in sight...this crap docking station alone is a reason NOT to buy the X1 as much as I like the laptop itself.

Jeff

Just opened mine up, plugged it in, and voila... nothing!  Doesn't charge the X1, my wired connection didn't work.  For me, that has always been the point of a docking station -- charge my laptop and give me a wired connection.  Who dreams this stuff up?  Couldn't be more worthless to me.

GizmoGeek

Dear god you people are petty. Never in any of the documentation does it say it charges the X1 or any laptop. Powered USB ports? Sure. Power a laptop through a power brick smaller than the normal one? Don't be daft. This doesn't appear to be an oversight on Lenovo's part, as it is truly universal, it appears to be the ignorant not learning how to read specifications for a product they intend to spend money on.

I have it and I use it as a utilitarian approach to add two extra screens, a combo MIC/Speaker input, and the addition more USB ports on my Lenovo Y500. Screen lag is of no matter because I play most items on the main screen when in the office, but it is not totally noticeable unless moving the player from the main screen to the others. Some screen flickering was resolved with ensuring matching refresh rates, and overall, I like that its universal for my multiple Lenovo products. Ethernet performance is not bad and seems to be fine for my uses.

Kim Sizemore

necronn

Quote from: Kim Sizemore on September 04, 2013, 15:47:21
what kind of idiot would think this would charge it....dduuurrrrrrr

They should change the name from dock to port replicator. If it does not charge the notebook it a replicator. Stupid@ss IBM. Apple all the way.

indy

This port replicator needs a ton of software, firmware, updates to get working right out of the box. Displaylink, graphics, using the right chipset. All in all, a very finicky piece of hardware that isn't implemented well.

CamB

on average 30% of CPU is consumed by the Dock software, the mouse and screen is laggy, high speed 1gbps transfers hurt the cpu, any kind of movement on the external screens makes the CPU run high.  tihs is on an I7 Helix.  1 year after use, the NIC has failed, USB devices come up as unknown and there is still no Linux support.

PDY

I  have 6 all over the house (ebay complete $20) one in each kids room and other areas we work anywhere, we've always used laptops desktops are a space and power killer.
Run Windows 10 v 2004 build 19041.450
Using dell latitude e7470 i7 16gb 256gb ssd or a latitude 7480 i7 32gb 512gb ssd. Running all 3 screens the laptop and 2 - 24" lcd's no problem gigabit network speed 90-100 MB/s some times watch netflix on a monitor when browsing internet or working on a spreadsheet and transferring a 2-4 Gigabyte files everything runs smooth. (kids run minecraft  no lag)
Before we had proprietary latitude e-docks and I don't miss them.
Got space back docks took a 14"x4" of desk space these use 1.5"x 3.5" and tuck underneath the monitor so they actually take 0" desk space.
5 usb 3.0 ports one is powered constantly.

Best part no drivers required the OS sets everything up perfect even used my kids crap chrome books from school and they recognized everything.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview