News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Sony Vaio SV-Z1311Z9EX Notebook

Started by Redaktion, September 14, 2012, 10:09:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Flagship with weaknesses. Not only wants Sony to attract business clients with a light and transportable aluminum and carbon fiber case but also offers a 13-inch screen with Full-HD and a wide color space. In addition, the Quad-Core CPU, 8 GB main storage, and a RAID-0 system with two SSDs promise excellent performance. We will take a close look at Sony's SV-Z1311Z9EX for 2500 Euro.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Sony-Vaio-SV-Z1311Z9EX-Notebook.81615.0.html

Fredrik

They got a bad sample... Better get one that isn't and redo the reviw...

MikjoA

If the CPU did not reach anything higher than 1.6 Ghz, it's because you let the laptop in its SILENT MODE, a setting that can be changed into the vaio control center, you should have better tried the PERFORMANCE MODE instead for benchmarks and SILENT MODE for battery test.
Your tests are irrevelant.... It maes people think it's a bad cooled and engineered laptop while it's not !
The Silent mode always restrain any cpu to a frequency of 1.6Ghz.
I've seen other review in which the SVZ 3DMArk 06 CPU reach 5500 points instead of 2000 for you. How can you explain that at full load the SVZ with a quad core last much longer than the VPC-Z23 yu've tested aswell ?

JeffB

Whatever the cause - the wrong settings or a bad sample unit - it is obvious to anyone who knows the slightest bit about this computer and its nearly identical predecessor that the performance measurements in this review are entirely wrong - by a very large margin.  I am disappointed that notebookcheck did not do their homework and realize that their results are complete outliers.  There have been at least 10 other published reviews of this model and none of them got results remotely like this one.  Rather than publish this with a sentence at the end saying they will reserve final judgment, they should have gotten the other sample and tested it before publishing this review.  It serves no one, least of all notebookcheck's reputation.

MikjoA

I just grab my SVZ1311C5E, which has the same specs than the one you've tested, and my i7-3612QM is most of the time running at 2.8Ghz, even on a game on the battery.
I've test 3DMark 06 and CPU test didn't gave 2000 but over 5500.
It would really be nice for sony and any other readers that you update or remove this review.

Allen.Ngo

Hi Guys,

We can confirm that we received a bad model from Sony so we did not give a final rating. All benchmarks in this review were done on Max Performance mode.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview