News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S24 review - The best small Android smartphone gets cheaper but not better

Started by Redaktion, March 05, 2024, 14:54:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In our review, the compact and easy-to-handle Samsung Galaxy S24 does a lot right and is even cheaper than the Galaxy S23. However, with the Exynos 2400, the Galaxy handset has something to prove in terms of efficiency and gaming. Read on to find out where we reckon the Galaxy S24 can still improve.  

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S24-review-The-best-small-Android-smartphone-gets-cheaper-but-not-better.809474.0.html

lmao

no cigar in battery life against iphone 15
no stable 60fps in genshin
let's see how snapdragon 24 ultra will do against pro max when review comes out

Alex1808

"In our measurement with the oscilloscope, the amplitude curve is very uniform across the entire brightness spectrum and fluctuates constantly between 240 Hz and 480 Hz. We didn't record any conflicting results using a flicker meter which detects visually perceptible fluctuations in luminance."

Dear Reviewer, if you read the English-section comments, please explain this more. You say it is uniform, then you say it fluctuates between 240-480 hz... then you say you detected no conflicts, what does that mean? Is it tolerable to your eyes? What is the modulation percent? The graphs are a bit hard to understand for the simple people:) thank you

BMTN

Sending my base iPhone 14 128GB back to Costco. There just aren't any games I'm interested on iOS. Really should of done my research.

Think I rather quit gaming permanently than play Genshin. More interested in games like :

youtube.com/watch?v=_27mRP6WKhE
youtube.com/watch?v=YsUpzqWlD6M
youtube.com/watch?v=sw_mCqj071k
youtube.com/watch?v=-vbxQ10GAWU

Maksym

I found some information in your article about the PWM of the Samsung Galaxy S24 that confused me.
Information from the graphs in this article suggests that:
•   PWM is not used at 0% brightness.
•   PWM with a frequency of 239 Hz is used at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% brightness.
At the same time, the article also mentions 483 Hz PWM, which is called the "worst case".
I don't understand how these two statements can be compatible with each other.
Could you please explain what I misunderstood? Or maybe there is a mistake in the article? If so, I would be very grateful if you could correct it.

BMTN

Quote from: lmao on March 05, 2024, 19:20:35hahah yuzu
i've got bad news for you

I wish. Nintendo games and coverage of them are the bane of my existence. Notice how all games I listed are cross-platform non-nintendo games? If I had it my way, I'd not of just stopped at yuzu but the banning off the entire emulation landscape of all nintendo consoles. Not sure why there is such an internet uproar about it (guessing it's mainly coming from people who actually spent money on their stuff?). Who wants to "preserve" Pokemon or remakes of 30 year old zelda/mario games?

The only reason why I've stuck thus far with Nintendo emu's is because, the scene there is lightyears ahead of the emu's for Xbox and Sony platforms. Hopefully, this verdict will stop that massive brain drain that Nintendo emulators create and redirect dev talent to target non-nintendo emu's and features instead. Such as aiding in making android builds for xemu, xenia, and rpcs3 with full online multiplayer netplay feature parity.

For those that must get their mario fix tho:
a) Those yuzu builds are not gonna be going anywhere and still available on archive.org. The build for android was mostly feature complete where most of the gains/improvements still occurring were coming from updated adreno drivers (which is still currently ongoing and hasn't been stopped).
b) There is still Strato emu.

So in conclusion, still a million times better than current state of iPhone. I also believe secretly deep down that despite all the media hoo-haa that Nintendo creates, they actually don't even care too much about it. I mean, if you really wanna eradicate piracy, look no further than the Xbox One. Replicate that and mission accomplished. Some of the reasons they gave in the lawsuit apply literally to every emu. Yuzu wasn't even the first to be raking in tons of Patreon money or running BOTW on day 0, it was cemu. I suspect it was a combination of several factors and events which led up to this point.

Also, am no legal expert but I doubt the dev's will have to be paying $2.4 mil. Probably one of they reasons the setup  a company in the first, were in the event something were to go wrong can always file for bankruptcy.

Regardless, all in all, I am pretty happy with how things turned out. :)

lmao

Quote from: BMTN on March 05, 2024, 21:53:25current state of iPhone
switch is better than any phone platform game-wise. i have it so i don't care about emus at all.
android lacks good games iphone has tho.

Omar

Quote from: Maksym on March 05, 2024, 20:10:01I found some information in your article about the PWM of the Samsung Galaxy S24 that confused me.
Information from the graphs in this article suggests that:
•   PWM is not used at 0% brightness.
•   PWM with a frequency of 239 Hz is used at 25%, 50%, 75%, and 100% brightness.
At the same time, the article also mentions 483 Hz PWM, which is called the "worst case".
I don't understand how these two statements can be compatible with each other.
Could you please explain what I misunderstood? Or maybe there is a mistake in the article? If so, I would be very grateful if you could correct it.

Some parts of this review are very poorly written. It's a shame :/

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview