News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Alienware m15 R3 Laptop Review: Vapor Chamber Saves The Day

Started by Redaktion, July 31, 2020, 20:27:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It may look the same on the outside, but it's a different beast on the inside. CPU temperatures are much cooler now to address one of our biggest concerns about last year's Alienware m15 R2.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Alienware-m15-R3-Laptop-Review-Vapor-Chamber-Saves-The-Day.483238.0.html

JCasey35

I'm seeing considerably higher temperature on my m15 R3 configured with the 10750H and 2070 Super Max-Q. With fans on full speed and the power balance set to "Balanced" in the Command Center, I'm reaching 100c on the CPU and only mid 70's on the GPU while playing a game for 10 minutes. This isn't even while stress testing. I'm thinking I might have gotten bad thermal paste application on my CPU or something of the sort. Heard any other reports similar?

Thanks for the article!

ImaSpacePotato

Reviews are pretty a race so it's hard to say. The only other review I'm aware of is Dave2D, and his results were slightly warmer than the NotebookCheck review with the CPU in the mid to low 80s.

However even that result is lower than what you are getting, so a poor paste application could certainly be a possibility.

Anhar

Why using vapor chamber for CPU only and not both the CPU and GPU? This could lead to different cooling applied on assembly.

Jesse

I'm guessing an AMD CPU option would have reduced heat even more than the vapor chamber.

Denis

This seems at start as a good product, good screen good cpu/gpu combo...but... it heats and sucks power like it had a i9/2080 cpu/gpu combo in it, the heat goes over 60oC even if the fans scream at 60oC, really? I still am confused on why would they solder the RAM and WLAN on the board, how can this be? I would never, ever purchase a gaming laptop that I can't upgrade the  RAM, I would even hesitate to purchase a travel laptop, with this genius of an idea!

fsdfasdfasdfas

What a BS praise of the new model...

Even if we just ignore the fact that this is not apples to apples comparison between model (like performance in witcher where old model delivers 76.7 consistent average fps VS only 70.8 fps in new model), temperatures of *actual* laptop (not cpu/gpu which users really don't care if it delivers) during gaming are identical:
36.3 top and 36.6 °C bottom for R2 (36.45 average) and 35.8 and 37.6 °C for R3 (36.7 average).

But new model is at least 2db louder (...and again, we even ignore the fact that 'very professional' reviewer can't calibrate to standard 28db ambient noise level for proper comparison of new model). Considering logarithmic scale and inverse proportional law that means that with new model user should be sitting almost 26% further from laptop to perceive the same level of sound pressure as with the old model. That is not an improvement at any level. Seems like someone can't into numbers and logic.

Phei

For anyone not seeing the change in temperature in the newer model. Go to the Alienware command center that is in your laptop and set it to "COOL" now with that on it should bring you down in terms of Temperature. For example, i did this with my M15 R3 Whilst playing Warzone and I got FPS: 90-115 @ Temps around 75-85 C. Graphics settings all in High or Ultr at 1920x1080.

My specs for my m15 r3 are: i7 10750H and RTX 2070 Super Max P. (Not max Q_

David Morales

Use this hacker: He's one of a kind. He hacks anything and everything. At first, he didn't want to work for me because he considered the job little low for him. I had to make him understand that there are lots of people out there like me who really need his help in getting accounts, websites and phones hacked. He called his method of hacking "specter mode". I was curious so I asked him what it meant and he told me that his method of hacking is untraceable and unnoticeable. He is tested and trusted, and a Guru when it comes to hacking, be open and sincere to him for a quality service. contact carlmcclainhacker@ gmail.com...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview