News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X230 2306-2AU Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, May 31, 2012, 13:23:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetris11

Balazs

The article suggests that the touchpad works well. However, the x230 holds the the crappiest touchpad I have ever seen. Slow to respond and its resolution is far worse than on my Lenovo s10-2 netbook. I bought this laptop, and took only one week for the trackpoint to come loose (been replaced). The Intel 520 series SSD seems to have firmware issues that causes ATA timeout and stalled system as a result. The replaced SSD (same firwmare version) still has this issue.  Now I use it with a Samsung 840 series SSD, rock stable.

I do not recommend this laptop to anyone, the good days of IBM ThinkPads are gone now.

Lance Davis

The touchpad differs greatly from other ThinkPads.  Going from a T400 to an X230 was a huge disappointment.  Have found the pointer to be jumpy and difficult to control, leaving me to abandon the touchpad completely and use a wireless mouse.  Utter fail.

Will Youreadthis

1366x768 resolution "just fine" for 13"? It's laughable. Higher resolutions mean smoother fonts, which are more readable even at smaller sizes. The (slightly excessive) 3200x1800 pixel screen available on the likes of the Yoga Pro 2 and some of Samsung's ultraportables easily allows two pages of text side-by-side with very comfortable fonts. This 1366x768 screen just barely fits one page, with less smooth fonts, on roughly the same physical area. That aside, the X230 is a nice machine.

sdsd

Quote from: Will Youreadthis on January 18, 2014, 23:28:10
1366x768 resolution "just fine" for 13"? It's laughable. Higher resolutions mean smoother fonts, which are more readable even at smaller sizes. The (slightly excessive) 3200x1800 pixel screen available on the likes of the Yoga Pro 2 and some of Samsung's ultraportables easily allows two pages of text side-by-side with very comfortable fonts. This 1366x768 screen just barely fits one page, with less smooth fonts, on roughly the same physical area. That aside, the X230 is a nice machine.

It's not a 13" screen but 12.5". If you can't even get the screen size correct, you don't deserve to be talking BS.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview