News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

LikPok HYPER MIRROR Review - Lossless, mmWave Display Casting

Started by Redaktion, July 24, 2020, 03:22:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

If you're tired of stringing HDMI cables across your living space to put your laptop on your TV or want a simple low-latency casting solution, then the HYPER MIRROR is quite an attractive package. To see if this Kickstarter project is worth the money, we've put LikPok's streaming solution to the test.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/LikPok-HYPER-MIRROR-Review-Lossless-mmWave-Display-Casting.480569.0.html

anon

I highly recommend performing some kind of objective latency test with any wireless device, even if it is done by hand.

In this case, a simple, objective test would be the following:

1. With a wired HDMI connection with a PC, duplicate the desktop.
2. Play a clock so that it shows on both screens. e.g. play "5 MINUTE TIMER (with milliseconds) 1080p60" on YouTube
3. Take a photo of both screens simultaneously
4. Observe on the photo how many frames behind the television display is from the PC display
5. Repeat the previous but with the wireless HDMI connection
6. Compare the latency of the wired and the wireless connections

Loki Rautio

Quote from: anon on July 24, 2020, 21:37:59
I highly recommend performing some kind of objective latency test with any wireless device, even if it is done by hand.

In this case, a simple, objective test would be the following:
-snip-
Hi,
Part of the issue with testing like that is the number of factors at play that can influence results. I did follow the procedure you mentioned in an attempt to measure the latency, but there was no concrete number I could pull from the data taking those photos provided as the latency numbers I was getting were far from consistent (anywhere from 0 to 120ms).
Since I didn't have a concrete way to test latency, I opted not to do so. Unfortunately, this testing method doesn't work perfectly while testing with my TV.

R. Flores

I was planning on using this for my DJI Mavic Air 2 Drone & mirror the image on my iPhone to a standalone monitor.  For this to be successful, I would need to connect my iPhone's USB-C port to the LikPok's USB-C port on the transmitter.  I am hoping that the video from my iPhone is being transmitted through this same USB-C connection which the transmitter is then casting to the LikPok receiver.  Or am I asking for the impossible?

R. Flores

Forgot to mention that I would be using the USB-C port on my iPhone to connect as well to the DJI controller.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview