News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus Taichi 31-CX003H Convertible Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, May 18, 2013, 04:19:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Double decker. Asus seems to have thought: "One Full HD IPS screen is nothing special" and simply builds two of the high definition screens into its Taichi 31 tablet-ultrabook. How the extravagant 13 incher fares in our tests and whether the tablet-ultrabook hybrid is compelling is revealed here.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-Taichi-31-CX003H-Convertible-Ultrabook.92862.0.html

DataRob

Esmail

Is there an extra slot on the Asus Taichi 31 ?
Please check the ultrabook manually. Do'nt depend on "On Board" sayings in specs
Thanks

Edwin M

I see several spec sheets that show an i7 processor?  Is that wromg? 

Are BOTH screens touch or only ONE as in the model 21 ?

LymeLiterate

:-\Looking at this for a gift, however, don't know much about ultrabooks.  Do ultrabooks need the $G network?  Or do they have wi-fi capability too?  Sorry don't know much about computers,just the basics.

Florisz

I have this device for over a week now. Too bad they didn't use real users to design this device. The idea is really beautiful. Finally a device that combines tablet and laptop.
3 out 5 times i want to use it, it takes me almost 5 minutes to get it going.
Most of the times it is just that the battery is dead again.
When i put it away, I just slide the button on the side down and screens go off. Expect the device to be off in hybernate or something. But probably it is just on. I didn't find the hybernate function jet. But it can be because of Windows 8, which is really not finished.
Zoom in/out with your fingers on screen or touchpad only works in Internet Explorer(both versions desktop and tablet(plugin less), but not in firefox or chrome.
Also the onscreen keyboard does not come up when using the touchscreen and desktop applications when the focus is on a textbox.(verry irritating). But this is also a windows 8 thing offcourse.

You expect from a device like this that it is on as fast as an ipad 1 and with battery life of at least 8 hours full use and couple of days standby. right now it is not even 24hours standby.
Back to my 2005 Dell with ssd and windows 7, that lasts 4hours and over a week standby(hybernate) and 20sec boot time to write this comment, because the Asus is dead again....

Mygifttoyou

Ask ASUS yourself. Feel free to shoot them an email or call Annette Johnson [email protected] or 501-620-5900 EC-Hot Springs, AR, Annette Fontanilla [email protected], Dan Handa [email protected],Martin Buendia [email protected]

mikem

Heavy to use as a tablet, irritatibg the mouse pointer can not see when you want to use the front display after using the touch display. The battery can not last longer when you are in desktop mode letters are hard to see bec they are too small in fhd ratio.
If they lessen the weight it is much better.  Expensive to have it now i want to sell mine...

Me

Is it possible to use two screens at the time so the image on outer screen would be the same that of inner screen? But at the same time disable the touch function of outer touch screen? So nobody would be able to interfer with the actions on a outer screen?

Florisz

After 8 months I give up with my Asus Taichi 31 i5, 256GB. I had to return it twice before.n The first time the WIFI stopped when screen closed > result New display. The second time the cursor constantly moved to another spot on the screen when typing. Result new touchpad. Now the cursor does it again sometimes.(also when touchpad is disabled). The ATK driver crashes multiple times a day. After that the switch between screens doesn't work anymore. You have to reboot to get it working again. And last but not least the Windows keyboard button gets stuck out of its own(without using it) Result is that every letter you type will result in a windows command in stead of text. Only option is to reboot.
Also you can't update to windows 8.1, because the special drivers for the 2 screens are not well supported. Result is crashes and non functionality. Also the mouse pointer moves to the right of the screen and will make a water drop effect there several times per hour or per minute.
All this makes the well looking and brilliant idea of this laptop/tablet really unworkable and unpleasant.

cw

i have a taichi21 and it works great. win 8.1 and new drivers from 02/14.

shane

I've got the '31 and love it. Both screens are awesome and it feels like it offers a great new user style via win8, and its two modes, matching naturally and easily the Taichi's two modes. I've got a good spec mac air and whether I run win 7 or mac OS on it, it lacks the 31's ...amazingness. Win 8 seems a bigger world and with the Taichi you really can experience it how it might have been imagined - like having your phone and PC at the same time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview