News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Omen Pro 15 Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, July 13, 2015, 08:47:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mobile workplace. The HP Omen Pro is a very exclusive workstation with a serious premium demand. While the design and the mobility leave a good impression right away, you only get old hardware components. We checked if the combination is convincing nonetheless.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Omen-Pro-15-Workstation-Review.146160.0.html

ex.cc

Throttling (red color in core number) at 95°C? Is it serious?What is the reason for throttling? power limit, temperature OR Long TDP limit? Is it the sickness of Haswell OR that current laptop? On ivy bridge (E6430) i have 105°C.

I alson noticed discrepancy between package power(51W) and IA cores(33W) it appears large.

The port layout and egronomy is indeed bad. I was also looking forward to tests of Iris Pro 5200, compared to K1100M.

velo3100

There are so many things wrong with this laptop.

First the keyboard is not full sized which it should be as it will make a huge difference to business users. Also for 3d users, this may become annoying as some 3d software takes advantage of this.

Second this screen doesn't have a matt or anti glare screen. If this is supposed to be portable which it is at 2.2kg it should have these as standard considering its high price.

Finally battery life is terrible. This defeats the purpose of having a laptop as they are supposed to be portable. You might as well get a slightly more bulkier laptop which is designed for 3d cad in the first place.

Robert

Main article forgets to mention one of the greatest things that Omen Pro is supposedly supporting. NVMe protocol and associated SSD solutions. That should put it into a completely different league compared to its rivals.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview