News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Elitebook 8560p owners info exchange

Started by snn47, April 29, 2011, 23:49:19

Previous topic - Next topic

snn47

Hello to all,
here a short update since I still like and use my 8560

Wear & tear
-the Earphone connector has a mechanical problems, sometimes I have to reinsert a 3.5 mm plug before the internal speakers work again
-the paint on the Plastic cover over the antennas is wearing off,
besides that a scratch in the aluminum, an a dent in the display cover , but other then that it's still working flawlessly.

-SDXC support by now testet sucessfully with a 64 GB card

-battery still strong after all this time since I seldomly charge it. I use the air/car/wall PS which suplles only 16V for operating the 8560, unless I push the button to raise it to 19 V for charging. Since it has a 11 -30 V DC it's also good for car use :)

-HDD was changed for a 1 TB WD rated 24/7 rated one, now that they are only marginal more expensive then the consumer ones.

-ext-HDD- one internal 2.5" WD-HDD in an eSatap case died slowly, but could recover most of it,  however I was not so lucky with another WD elements 2.5" without SATA connection (the HDD only has a USB 3 output. I got my money back but I will avoid from now on drives without SATA.

-ext-HDD 2.5" cases with combined eSATAp and USB3 work fine with eSATAp, but not reliable with USB3. A first generation one would drop USB connection after longer access (search or copying). The newer ones work, but the  eSATAp and USB3 connectors on mine have to  much tolerance. The cable are very inflexible and if I move by accident the case connection may be lost until I return it on the previos postion.

USB 3.0 works faster now since USB 3.0 controller/Hubs seem to be out of the infant stage.
External SATA 3.5" HDD reach now about 95 MB (Logilinks AU0013) even when used with my new USB 3.0 Hub.

-portable external display - While I found some small external displays the price was close to that of cheap notebooks or tablet PC. While an Andorid or Apple Pad have good IPS displays use as a monitor is still awkward. By now I have a Samsung Slate XE700T1A since it dropped below 530€ with tax (19%). In addition to an external display I can use it independently from the 8560. Has anyone had luck to link his 8560 to another Windows PC to use it as an external display?

WLAN - Has anyone 5 GHz support?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview