News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GT73VR 7RF Titan Pro Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, January 03, 2017, 18:23:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Kaby Lake upgrade. MSI equips its most powerful 17-inch notebook, the GT73VR, with the brand-new CPU generation from Intel. The Core i7-6820HK is replaced by its direct successor, the Core i7-7820HK. Our review update will find out how that changes the performance, emissions, and the power consumption.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT73VR-7RF-Titan-Pro-Notebook-Review.189710.0.html

Mahdi

Täck så mycket,
So based on the real experiments,  The GT73vr 6820+1080 in better than 7820+1080.
because the 1080 needs a lot of power and when adding with 7820 it will increases.
Also by increase the temperature the battery life will decrease and you should change your batter!
And since the battery is not removable, you should pay more to the service center to do that for you...
considering the temperature and noise ==> 1070 + 6820 is the best
abit more FPS, but more temprature and noise ==> 1080+6820
high FPS, but dont care about noise and battery life and temprature ==> 1080+7820 !!!

Wizardme

why does the fan noise in GT73VR 7RF greatly improved compare to 6RF? They should be using the identical GPU and Fan system.

Greg

Quote from: Mahdi on January 06, 2017, 00:27:41
Täck så mycket,
So based on the real experiments,  The GT73vr 6820+1080 in better than 7820+1080.
because the 1080 needs a lot of power and when adding with 7820 it will increases.
Also by increase the temperature the battery life will decrease and you should change your batter!
And since the battery is not removable, you should pay more to the service center to do that for you...
high FPS, but dont care about noise and battery life and temprature ==> 1080+7820 !!!

This makes absolutely no sense and is completely false.

ctbram

This machine is garbage!  Bought one a few weeks ago and for going on three weeks now I have been trying to upgrade the memory.

First I have owned many laptops -at least 8- and never have I had one that I could not get to all the memory.  MSI saw fit to put SODIMMS 1 and 3 on the top of the mother board and give no way to access them without completely disassembling the machine to remove the mother board.  So instead of 64GB I decided to compromise and put in a piar of 8GB SODIMMS to get a total of 32GB.

However, MSI installs kingston memory with an MSI part number so you cannot purchase the exact same memory.  You can however go to the Kingston site and  lookup notebook-MSI-GT73VR 7RF 4K-479 Titan Pro and get their 8GB compatible memory.  The only offer one model in either 16GB, 8GB, or 4GB sized SODIMMS.

I purchased the 16GB model of the 7RF since I have been building computers and work with computer hardware for over 25 years and I thought I would just upgrade the memory myself as I have done with all my laptops.

AT first I just matched the specs of the memory in the notebook as reported by cpuz.  When I installed them the machine would not post.  I put the memory into another system that takes the same pc-2400 ddr4 sodimms and they work fine.

Okay, so I send them back for $120 refund and eat the 15% restocking fee.

I call MSI and bitch a blue streak.  They say it's because I did not buy kingston memory.  I ask MSI support for the exact model number to buy and the tech support guy cannot tell me!

Okay, so I go to the kingston page and find the 8GB sodimm compatible with my model gt73vr 7rf and blow another $140 for a pair.

They come in and it's 4 or 5 days before I have the time to install them.  I do and the machine sill not post (black screen, no msi logo, del-key does not open bios).

I take those out and test them and they are working fine.  With them removed the machine boots right up.

So I paid $3000 for a fucking boat anchor!  B&H electronics does not take computer returns.  MSI is already giving me the run around on warranty repair.  So I could very well be stuck with a 16GB piece of s*** lemon. 

Save yourself some grief.  Just buy another brand laptop.  MSI build quality is cheap.  They hold the back on with plastic clips that are sure to get brittle and break with age and they support is bad. MSI is garbage!

Julia K

Quote from: Mahdi on January 06, 2017, 00:27:41
Täck så mycket,

What is this suppose to mean?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview