News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ProBook 450 G4 Y8B60EA Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 21, 2016, 19:54:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Unworthy screen. HP is one of the first manufacturers to use Kaby Lake in its 400 ProBook lineup in the business sector. Why the 15.6-inch model is not convincing despite its many positive traits can be read in our in-depth report.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ProBook-450-G4-Y8B60EA-Notebook-Review.187950.0.html

Serg

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-i5-7200U-GTX-950M-Notebook-Review.178326.0.html
Acer Aspire E5-575G
Display: Chi Mei CMN15C4, TN, 1920x1080, 15.6  - PWM not detected

In this Review: HP ProBook 450 G4 Y8B60EA
Display: Chi Mei CMN15C4, TN, 1920x1080, 15.6  - PWM detected 50 Hz

Who is right?

Miroslav Georgiev

I agree with Serg - why there is PWM detected here?

In other reviews:
http://laptopmedia.com/review/hp-probook-450-g4-review-intels-new-kaby-lake-cpus-isnt-the-only-improvement/#pwm-screen-flickering

PWM is also missing after 50% brightness and under this point - it is 25.6 KHz, much larger than your measurement.

NotebookCheck, please make a comment for that.

erblemoof

I bought this laptop on sale for a great price. Hated the screen. I searched through Notebookcheck for 15.6" laptops with the highest rated displays. The best was the SAMSUNG LTN156HL01 which comes in the MSI PE60-2QEi581. The LTN156HL01 is the same thickness and has the same screw mounting points as the panel in the ProBook 450 G4, so I purchased it and installed it. It works great. My ProBook 450 G4 now has the best laptop display I have ever owned.

Customers certainly should not have to go through these lengths to address issues with laptop computers, but at least it is possible. I'm posting this in case anyone reads this review, so the know the option to upgrade the panel exists.

pete

It would be nice to see an image of the screen under sunny conditions

Eng.Ehab

I want to buy this laptop .. But I'm afraid of the temperature of the body of the laptop as you mentioned .. What do you advise me

Andrej

All in all, good PC, but this is the worst touchpad I have ever used.

Schuey

This HP 450 G4 is still one of the better budget laptop computers out there when price is compared to performance.
And unless you are a person whose job involves designing or engineering drawing on a day-to-day  basis, you are most likely never going to notice the shortcomings of its display quality. Perfomance-wise, this laptop is top-notch in the endless choice of laptops in the same price range. Of course, its practicality and nice looks doesn't hurt either.

Erwin

Thank you Erblemoof, I'm seriously considering doing this now, though it's a bit scary.
I just got this laptop from my employer, and the screen (non-HD, non-touch) is ridiculously bad.
Every degree higher or lower in viewing alters the colors.
Because of this, the top of the screen and the bottom show differently, and to make it all worse, the screen doesn't fold back enough to get the optimal color scheme   ::) 
It's embarrassing really that HP could put this on the market.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview