News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell XPS 13 9360 QHD+ i7-7500U Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 30, 2016, 19:17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Now in Rose Gold. The Kaby Lake update adds little to an already excellent XPS 13 experience. Users will only see marginal benefits in both performance and battery life when compared to the outgoing Skylake XPS 13.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-XPS-13-9360-QHD-i7-7500U-Notebook-Review.181471.0.html

Jason Lee

As expected, great in-depth and detailed review of this new update to the XPS 13.

Allen, if you had to choose, would you go for the XPS 13 or Thinkpad X1 Carbon (4th gen).

Thanks!

tl

It seems that the main benefit of the Kaby Lake model reviewed here is battery life.

I have last year's XPS 13 9350  QHD+ i7-6560U and its battery life is really disappointing (no more than 4 hours of web surfing at a brightness of 75%).

If this year's XPS 13 9360 QHD+ i7-7500U delivers 2-3 hours more of web surfing as this review vs the review of  XPS 13 9350  QHD+ i7-6560U suggests (Wifi v1.3 of 516 vs 311 minutes), this would be a major advantage.

zhotan

Why is the PCMark v8 benchmarks so much lower than last year's comparable model?

This applies to the QHD models of both the 7200u vs 6200u and the higher specced models

Cs

I can't find any specs on the dell website with the 2133 ddr4 ram and Nve Ssd. Could you please provide this?

Rob Buurman

I'm a little bit surprised by the fairly low cinebench score of 334. My own XPS 13
with the same Kaby Lake I7 got a score of 352, which is more in line with what you would expect. My XPS 13 does have the FHD screen, but would that matter with this test?

Klaus Hinum

FHD should not matter for Cinebench, but we already saw very bad scores with the i5 version and also had a German reader that had low scores with his i7. Looks like there is quite some variation in the currently shipped units.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Amit

Great review. Do you have any of the screen calibration settings for the QHD? Thanks!

Tobias Hildebrandt

Notebookcheck really needs to start testing the Thunderbolt performance as well.
It seems like the 9360, like it's bigger brothers the 9550, can only achieve TB2 speeds over the TB3 port.

see: https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/5hl5i4/xps_15_9550_not_able_to_reach_40gbps_over_tb3/
https://egpu.io/forums/pc-setup/xps-15-9550-not-able-to-reach-40gbps-over-tb3/#post-348

gesmi

Laptopmedia.com is saying this has PWM of 19.8kHz, are you sure it doesn't have PWM?

Also, will the color accuracy between this and the MacBook Pro be noticeable for example skin color in video and photos?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview