News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) Tablet Review

Started by Redaktion, September 01, 2016, 21:00:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Desirable. The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) is a compelling package. No other other 10-inch tablet with Android 6, LTE and Full-HD on the market offers more for less. If the performance is up to par as well is the subject of our review.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-A-10-1-2016-Tablet-Review.171710.0.html

Greg

No mention of whether this model supports screen mirroring (MHL or Miracast).  Tablets can make great teaching tools but your class needs to be able to see what you are doing.

k m shahzad

Christopher Leslie

Had mine 3 weeks and the display has failed. My phone compnay are sending a replacement. Online there are some ideas as to what may be wrong (the cable) from board to screen but without it being opened and inspected that is not confirmed with mine. I am quite dissapointed as said to my phone company who also supply me an Apple I-Phone that the performace of this tablet is impressive and I was more than happy with it. A good Samsung product to a point but like the Galaxy Note 7 suffers from poor manufacturing. It is unlikely I would choose a Samsung product on upgrade.

Sifou

Can someone please comment on screen quality of this tablet, I am conserned specially by light bleeding, is this pannel free from bright spots on dark videos or pictures

Gary

Where is our Samsung 12.2 new model,  over 2 years already... I have worn out my current 12.2 to the bare bones...

Rachel

Hello, 
What OTG accessories are available for this tablet?

OTG adapter for HDMI?
Memory card reader ? 
Any other OTG accessories ?

Thanks

Hugo

Just wondering how the reviewer played Asphalt 8 on high settings. I have the s-pen version and Asphalt stutter even on low settings!

Langen

2 of my favorite games run perfectly fine on my iphone6 (basic model not S) but fail badly on the Galaxy Tab A 10.1.  Cooking fever - picking up coins you have to hold down your finger for a full second for it to register, noticed the same for buttons in other apps too, and sometimes links in websites.

I was really looking forward to playing Sim City build it on a bigger display than my iphone6, however this barely loads my city (its a huge city, but runs just fine on my phone6).  I get maybe 2-5 frames/sec if I'm lucky, totally unplayable. 

Fully updated software/os, cleared RAM and no other apps running in the background.
Could this be a faulty unit or do those games just run badly on Android?  Could anyone check this with Cooking fever?  Its a free game.  Thx

Stephen Davis

I've had this tablet for a week now. Wi-fi only version. Seems good quality overall. Sturdy build, very good screen, long battery life. The screen in particular is a forte with its 16:9 aspect ratio makes sense and I prefer it. Watching videos full screen is much more efficient.

Only gripe would be the speaker's located at the bottom. It is hard to avoid covering them up when in landscape. They are a bit tinny as well. Seem to have plenty of volume though.

For £170 you would struggle to do better. I'm pleased with the choice I made.

Piotr

Hi,
How is that possible that in cons there's:
battery is not swappable
?

None of top10 list:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Notebookcheck-s-Top-10-Tablets.101658.0.html
Has swappable battery and none of them has it as cons.

Dwain D

Quote from: Greg on September 14, 2016, 07:22:29
No mention of whether this model supports screen mirroring (MHL or Miracast).  Tablets can make great teaching tools but your class needs to be able to see what you are doing.

Did you find a way to do this?

Zerbirus

Quote from: Dwain D on January 05, 2017, 19:49:52
Quote from: Greg on September 14, 2016, 07:22:29

Did you find a way to do this?

Some anonymous person on gsmarena said it supports mirroring and the samsung website tech specs said it doesnt support mhl. Ive just ordered one so yet to figure it out myself.

Hatin on Samsung

I bought two of these for my kids and they keep shutting down and or rebooting.  I did everything the Samsung site recommend to fix the issue but it is still happening.  It looks like it might be certain tabs made around the same time because some people are not having the same issues.  Some people are reporting the exact same issues i am seeing.  I will return them and see what my options are.  What makes me mad is i purchased some nice cases for the tablets to protect them.

Barry Buchanan

I bought one of these a few weeks ago to replace a tab I received for Christmas that went bad and had to be returned. I have to agree with it would be nice to have a metal body, but in this price range it is built well and packs a lot of processing power. It can be protected easy enough with a decent folio.

I purchased a Samsung Evo 128 gb micro sd at the same time I purchased the tablet. I installed adb on my laptop, connected my tablet to it and used the bridge to enable adoptable storage. With the high speed micro sd installed using adoptable storage I haven't noticed any latency. With data migrated Asus  file manager is showing 15.7 of 119 gb used.

There is the annoying bundle of crap that Samsung installs that you really don't need and can't uninstall without rooting the device which I haven't done yet. I installed NOVA Launcher to set the environment to my liking along with a few other apps and apks.

The tablet is wifi only, but by downloading the latest apks for Allo and Duo and installing them using my Note 5's number I was able to get them up and running over wifi. I installed Hangouts dialer and set the outgoing caller ID to match my note 5. So now when I'm using my tablet in a area with wifi access and I don't want to get out my phone I can text, video chat, and make calls from the tablet.

This a great tool for the price. The one I bought came with MS Office installed along with 2yrs of OneDrive. So the productivity end of things is there. For those wanting a little multimedia diversion you can always install Kodi available in the PlayStore and one of your favorite builds.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview