News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (Desktop) Review

Started by Redaktion, July 19, 2016, 15:01:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pascal vs. Polaris. After Nvidia already covered the high-end segment with the GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070, we now get the much more affordable mainstream model. The GeForce GTX 1060 is the direct rival to AMD's price-performance champion Radeon RX 480. Which card will win the duel?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-GeForce-GTX-1060-Desktop-Review.169419.0.html

Not a bad little card!

Thanks for the review, was a good one.  The 1060 is not a bad little card, although I think I'd choose the AMD 480 for it's 8GB VRAM, cheaper price, and better DX12 performance - I think the AMD 480 is gonna be more future proof.

Bobet

As 1080 and  1070, 1060 is a very good GPU
BUT THERE A VERY ANNOYING LACK

NVIDIA HAVEN'T embedded the HDMI CEC function that allows to wake up any HDMI TV or screen.

It is embedded in a 30$ raspberry pi buy not in a 400 _ 700$ high-end GPU.

What a shame.
It forces you to manually switch on your TV each time you wake up your computer.

Very boring. 

More shame is that the HDMI CEC is part of the first HDMI recommendations.

systemBuilder

You failed to mention DirectX 12.0 and Vulkan, where the rx480 more or less crushes the GTX 1060.  Also, ATI drivers tend to get faster over time whereas NVidia tends to leave them stagnant and withdraw support for their drivers sooner.

Mtt

I tell you something. I think that from 8 years i havent seen the better quality of games, they ve made directx and better shaders, but still Crysis 1 had one of the best quality of environment. But how is possible they couldnt make better?
And how is possible that good graphics cards have 25000-30000
Poins 3dmark 06, and 8800 ultra had 12000, thats only 2 times less than todays cards. Thats is like joke..... I think its probably  small improvements about all series cards, ultra hd changed something of course now......before that more  optimization and software made better performance in 3dmark 11 or direct 11. Gtx 1060 is really good however consumptin 120 w is not small amounts. I thought 12 nm make cards 80 w?
And 3 mld transistors should be enough, with this overclocked 1700.
8970m have 3 yers and still is good like gtx 970. Thats amazing, and schock as well. 2800mln....?
I think they should make better games with better quality. Not make something what wasnt much better. However gtx 1060 is really good card. I wanna get it in my laptop.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview