News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2016 (Core i7, WQHD) Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2016, 07:44:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Slimmer is not possible. Already the third generation of the ThinkPad X1 Carbon belonged to the slimmest and lightest 14 inch notebooks on the market. In the fourth generation, Lenovo goes one better and reduces the weight to below 1.2 kg. We have checked how this affects temperatures, system noise, and performance.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2016-Core-i7-WQHD-Ultrabook-Review.162631.0.html

LP

Thank you for a great and thorough review!

It looks like the new X1 Carbon is great but probably not worth the additional money (with respect to T460s) especially that it exhibits PWM. For me this flickering is a no-go factor in buying a new laptop. It is surprising that Lenovo put PWM screen in their highest flagship model (especially with such a low frequency)... In that case I would certainly buy T460s with FHD resolution which was diagnosed to be PWM-free.

I really appreciate that Notebookcheck gives results concerning PWM. For people such me this is a crucial factor for a comfortable computer use.

I am very curious about X1 Yoga - the price is even higher but it is convertible. I wonder about presence of PWM in this model and looking forward for your great review!

Rob Goldpalm

I would like to remind those concerned about PWM flickering, that prior to LED backlighting on screens, all laptops were flickering at an even lower 60 Hz without apparent ill effects to users. 

leaf

FYI for those using X1 in an enterprise environment- the US version does NOT include the OneLink+ Ethernet adapter. If you need to image this laptop from the network, you will need to buy it separately. It does not work with the old X1 Ethernet adapter, and the USB3 adapter only works post-image.

anonymous

There is no pmw if you get the lg screen. I think the screen is actually a strongpoint on this machine. Much brighter than expected and no flickering for me even at the lowest brightness.

aushak

Bought X1 Carbon laptop 1.5 years ago - 20a7 CTO1WW . Integrated Graphics Card died couple weeks ago.Spoke with support. Have to buy 1200$ new motherboard. Amazing low quality

John Perry

My i7 with 1TB HDD and 16GB RAM arrived yesterday.  What a fabulous machine with such a clear display, beautiful keyboard and it is so light and thin after having used an i7 T410 for 6 years.

I'm bowled over, good laptops are never cheap, and this one is good and expensive.  I've owned Thinkpads since the T701 Butterfly (which I still have), I'm so pleased with the purchase.

The dock with the USB sockets, power and LAN connections is really useful, and I find it better than the old "place-on" docs.  I'd recomend the Amazon £8 Basics sleeve for it, but I confess to cutting te "Amazon Basics" label off it.

Private, personal non-business purchase, and very pleased.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview