News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Rise of the Tomb Raider Notebook Benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, February 03, 2016, 19:32:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Precision landing. After several rather poor PC ports (Batman Arkham Knight, Just Cause 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 3, ...), the latest iteration of Tomb Raider finally leaves a better impression on the PC. We tested the action title on multiple notebook GPUs and checked the performance. Update: GT630M, HD 4000, M385X, Iris Pro 5200, 920M, M280X, Kaveri R7 added.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Rise-of-the-Tomb-Raider-Notebook-Benchmarks.158810.0.html

Hesam moradi

you know I do realize systems with amd graphic cards have a weaker cpu ,ram,ssd and even a home version windows . awkward

Aratosm

Yeh it's kind of bogus that they used a system with much lower specs to test AMD cards. I used to like this site. Clearly bunch of Nvidia fan boys. At least they were upfront about it and didn't hide the fact.

AFilthyCasual

Quote from: Aratosm on February 04, 2016, 15:13:32
Yeh it's kind of bogus that they used a system with much lower specs to test AMD cards. I used to like this site. Clearly bunch of Nvidia fan boys. At least they were upfront about it and didn't hide the fact.

To be fair, laptops with AMD gpu have been sort of lacking lately. Even sites such as Eurocom and Xtopic don't have the option to configure to AMD mobile gpus for the later laptops.

If you were looking at the desktop benchmarks and thinking that the AMD had a weaker CPU, you'd be arguing about a difference in single digits. the 6700K is really not that big of a leap of performance over the 4790K. In fact, you'd probably barely notice in real world scenarios.

But maybe they are Nvidia junkies as you say. However, I see this benchmark review rather adequate given the available laptop gpu market in which Nvidia is clearly dominating.

Klaus Hinum

We just upgraded our Nvidia based test system, so it now is a bit faster (previously the AMD test system was faster for nearly a year). As we are testing from different locations, we cant perfectly align both systems (and we rather keep two systems to rule out driver problems and ensure faster testing). For the laptop benchmarks, we take the systems we get. The AMD based M280X e.g. comes from AMD e.g. and we already upgraded it to an SSD and ensured dual channel RAM (not in every retail version). So we do our best, but definitely keep an eye on the specs.
Wurde Dir von einem in unserem Forum oder durch Notebookcheck geholfen? Dann verfass doch einen User Testbericht über dein Notebook und gib damit etwas an die Community zurück!

Alex M

For anybody interested in playing this with an Nvidia 960M, I am playing it on my Dell XPS 15, quad core i5 with 8GB of RAM and the 960M.

It runs the High setting at roughly 25 to 30 FPS like the chart says, but if you disable just the Pure Hair option for the fancy dynamic hair system, you will get well above 30 FPS throughout the game. It runs extremely well on this card. Stunning game

Dalia

Hi guys, great write up. Could I confirm though, can the NVIDIA GTX970M 3GB and 980M 4GB really maintain high 30 to 40fps rates throughout the game? Asking because I've read on other sites that video cards with less than 6GB vram stutter and suffer problems on this game

Sophie2222

Hi will Rise of the Tomb Raider still work well with a AMD Radeon™ R5 M335 Graphics Card?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview