News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad E560 (Core i7, Radeon R7 M370) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 14, 2015, 21:23:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Successful evolution. For the first time, Lenovo equips a ThinkPad from the E500 series with a high-quality IPS display as well as a graphics card with fast GDDR5 memory. The price including SSD and i7 CPU is still below 1,000 Euros – is it a bargain?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-E560-Core-i7-Radeon-R7-M370-Notebook-Review.155741.0.html

Mahdi

Hi there,

Thank you for deep review of new E460 and E560 Thinkapads. I am university student with heavy typing activity on laptop. Screen quality is important for me too, because most of my daily time is spent on looking at laptop, tablet and mobile phone screens.
Having four alternative choices, I am going to upgrade my laptop: E460/E560 from Lenovo and Asus K501/K401 which are comparable to thinkpads in the same price range.
I have not found deep and comparable review for Asus k501, while it has some advantages over E560: lower weight (2kg, 22mm thickness), better graphics (gtx 950m), aluminum body, keyboard backlight, Eyecare (color manipulation to reduce blue color, which I do it manually sometimes) and Icecool (for lower body temperature). K501 lacks IPS screen (but FHD) and I am not sure about keyboard quality, as compared to Thinkpads.
Please review skylake model of K501 and compare it to E460 and E560 from lenovo.

Thank you ;)

Jorge

Anyone knows if the e560 uses the same IPS display from LG that suffered ghosting problems?

Peter Bush

Thanks for this - great review.  I have ordered one of these as I only need a basic unit for my work but want advice on maximising performance.  I have ordered another RAM chip so no problems there but I was very interested in your comment "Our optimized ICC profile can help a bit".

Where can I get it please.  Every little bit helps. Your advice gratefully appreciated.

kind regards,

Peter

JR

I just received my Lenovo E560 computer today with the 1080p IPS display and the dual graphics, just like in the review.  According to my eyes and camera, it uses PWM (slow) at all settings, even 100%.  Why don't you put these things in your review properly?  The viewing angles are great, but it has PWM.   :(

JR

Quote from: Jorge on December 16, 2015, 12:32:30
Anyone knows if the e560 uses the same IPS display from LG that suffered ghosting problems?
I've seen examples of the LG IPS issues, and no this Lenovo does not have that, it looks really nice.  BUT, it does use PWM at all levels including 100%.

Cosi

Quote from: JR on April 15, 2016, 02:00:25
I just received my Lenovo E560 computer today with the 1080p IPS display and the dual graphics, just like in the review.  According to my eyes and camera, it uses PWM (slow) at all settings, even 100%.  Why don't you put these things in your review properly?  The viewing angles are great, but it has PWM.   :(

Another review says there is the PWM up to 46% brightness only. Do you think your piece is faulty? Or maybe it is country specific.

PWM_Not

PWM at 100% does not make sense as it is used to dim the display. So at maximum brightness no PWM should be used.

PWM_Not

Furthermore, you can see in the response time graph that the lines are smooth, so no PWM should be present at 100%. Keep in mind that these measurements are only for the tested diplay / panel and Lenovo may use more than one panel in different countries.

pdirt

According to a different review, PWM is only present below 46% brightness. I can think of few situations I would ever need to lower the brightness below 46%.

http://laptopmedia.com/review/lenovo-thinkpad-e560-review-the-first-e-series-laptop-to-have-an-ips-panel/

Laptopmedia seem to have slightly less detailed reviews in general, but also seem to have higher resolution testing methods for PWM than notebookcheck.

JR

Quote from: PWM_Not on April 21, 2016, 22:20:27
PWM at 100% does not make sense as it is used to dim the display. So at maximum brightness no PWM should be used.

I have one of these units in the U.S.  YES, it does use awful PWM even at 100% on the battery.  Only 100% when plugged in does not have PWM; only one setting!  I so regret buying this thing and would like to know where I could find a good W7-64 machine without PWM.

the seer

what the waht the awhat the?!?!?!?!!!!?!? Who - what - How???? My eyes - Oh my eyes - oh my god damn eyes!?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview