News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus Zenbook UX305CA-EHM1 Subnotebook Review

Started by Redaktion, November 22, 2015, 05:39:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Good choice, take 2. Asus' update of the Zenbook UX305 is not extensive by any means with a Skylake m3 CPU instead of a Broadwell SoC standing out as the notable difference. In the other areas, the UX305CA inherits both the strengths and weaknesses of the predecessor, which still makes it a solid choice in our book. This time around, we are taking a look at the version of the subnotebook with Full-HD display panel.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-UX305CA-EHM1-Subnotebook-Review.154422.0.html

Joel

Why did this skylake version receive so much lower skores than the Broadwell FullHD version you reviewed earlier?

Broadwell - Skylake
Chassis 98% --> 86%
Pointing device 93% --> 83%
Display 88% --> 85%
Keyboard 88% --> 85%

Joel

And yet the battery life was the same at 91%? Despite there being over a 2-hour difference?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-UX305CA-EHM1-Subnotebook-Review.154422.0.html

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-UX305FA-Subnotebook-Review.140770.0.html

Visigoth

I would like to see a review of the top end m7 skylake version with the QHD display. I am hopeful that it''ll score even higher than this particular model.  :D

Meh

At least in Scandinavia the only model for sale is 8gb/128gb at almost 900 €, which is in my opinion not so good value.
I went and asked from one shop and apparently Asus has no interest in selling 8gb/256gb models to Europe in 2015.

in_sweden

Quote from: Meh on November 22, 2015, 17:34:43
At least in Scandinavia the only model for sale is 8gb/128gb at almost 900 €, which is in my opinion not so good value.
I went and asked from one shop and apparently Asus has no interest in selling 8gb/256gb models to Europe in 2015.
Netonnet, which you can find in at least Sweden and Norway has the 8/256gb model at 8999SEK in Sweden. They usually have the exact same products in Norway if I remember correctly.
A bit pricy? Yes.
I blame the usd exchangerate.

Bernie Pechlaner

Quote from: Joel on November 22, 2015, 11:13:52
And yet the battery life was the same at 91%? Despite there being over a 2-hour difference?

The battery score is automaticlly calculated and takes the additionally available runtimes (we also ran the Reader's and Classic tests in addition to the WLAN test) into consideration.

That said, the runtime during the WLAN test was shorter than expected - surprising considering the QHD+ version ran just as long. Just to be sure, we ran the test twice...but the result stayed the same.

Bernie

Bernie Pechlaner

Quote from: Joel on November 22, 2015, 11:11:35
Why did this skylake version receive so much lower skores than the Broadwell FullHD version you reviewed earlier?
While some of the scores are calculated automatically, others are entered manually and might not only change depending on the editor conducting the review, but also over time. So while one editor might hand out 4 out of 5 points in one particular sub-section (for example, the possible typing speed, which is highly subjective), another might score it 5 out of 5. That change alone can explain the difference in the final score of the respective section.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Our-Test-Criteria.15394.0.html

Andrius

curious how it would perform with Windows 8 in regard to battery life.anyone willing to test it?

Joel

Quote from: Bernie Pechlaner on November 23, 2015, 02:22:45
Quote from: Joel on November 22, 2015, 11:11:35
While some of the scores are calculated automatically, others are entered manually and might not only change depending on the editor conducting the review, but also over time. So while one editor might hand out 4 out of 5 points in one particular sub-section (for example, the possible typing speed, which is highly subjective), another might score it 5 out of 5. That change alone can explain the difference in the final score of the respective section.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Our-Test-Criteria.15394.0.html

Thanks for clearing that up, you have an awesome site!

Matej

Just a suggestion: why dont you post power consumption chart so we can compare it to ux305fa review since fhd battery life is 2h shorter?
thanks

shopper

I'm really disappointed that you did not even mention the keyboard, except to note that it isn't backlit.  Nor does the previous model "review" that you reference, which seems like little more than a product announcement.  Keyboard (and touchpad) quality and user experience are very important questions -  especially on notebooks!  And this is a notebook site, right?

shopper

Another keyboard question.  The picture shows a power key in the upper right corner.  This is exactly where I would expect the Delete key.  So I am sure to be hitting the power key inadvertently.  Does touching this key shut down the machine?  That would be incredibly stupid but, on many desktop keyboards it does so.  Nobody seems to have the intelligence to design-in a "hold" time e.g. you must press the key for 2 sec to shut down.

M-J Jones

@Bernie. Thanks for this review. I actually played on one the other day and was impressed with its build quality, lightness and screen colors. Less so with is non-illuminated keyboard...

But in my country this laptop FHD config is only sold with a 128 Go SSD. Do you know the specifications of the m.2 Micron m600 that was in the Asus. Does it have a b-key connector or a proprietary one, is it 80 mm or 60 mm? Is it easily removable or soldiered on the mother board?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jesse

Really nice deal for one of these in Canada, with 8GB / 256GB SSD (and oddly the QHD screen as well).

$649

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/ASUS-ZenBook-UX305CA-UHM4T-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.327234200

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview