News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GE62 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 28, 2015, 07:50:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Well-rounded gaming notebook. MSI GE62 2QE Apache is not lacking in processing power. The usual equipment is also a good match: SSD, HDD, 16 GB RAM. The MSI commits one blunder with its built-in 4k display: it is not very bright.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GE62-Notebook-Review.137007.0.html

Rinnn

GTX980M in SLI at 4k display is awesome, but GTX965m(with only a measly 2GB of VRAM) and a 4k display?  ??? Not really the best resolution to run new games at. Better off getting the 1080p screen.

macky

Could you possibly test the display of the 1080p matte screen?

Robert

I got this laptop ($1200) model and I am extremely pleased with its performance. The NVIDIA 965m handles most games on ultra graphics with little to no problems. I like the display, I opted for the 1080p Matte display and although there is a little back light bleed which is hardly noticeable it looks sharp and crisp with most of the games i play. The cooling is excellent, it has duel cooler-master fans that can be toggled on max performance when the computer is on heavy load that keeps the computer very comfortable on the lap. MSI also packs the notebook with "shift" technology which allows the user to easily toggle between different modes based on desired performance. The laptop boots very fast without the ssd, about 8-10 seconds. The wireless is top notch, it has no problems receiving a solid 5gh signal from across my house. One of the larger issues i think i have with the computer is the build quality. Although its pretty solid, the materials used makes it feel cheap and the brushed aluminum is a perpetual fingerprint issue. The cpu and the gpu also don't seem to be a very good match with one another. The CPU is an absolute beast but usually runs much hotter then the GPU especially during normal activities. Typically i see that the CPU runs around 70-75 C where as my Gpu will stay around 50-60C during the same workload. Overall I'm really happy with this machine, my happiness greatly outweighs my dissatisfaction and I think I made a good purchase when i decided to get this laptop.

Good Laptop

Looks like a pretty good laptop to me, getting all the performance out of the components, but why the 4K screen!  No need for a 4K screen on a gaming laptop - can't run games decently on a laptop at 4K - even with 980M sli, let alone a single 970M.  I'd rather see this laptop with a good quality 1080p 120Hz screen.

No Heaven Benchmark stress tests for this review then?  To me that's the most telling & most useful test that you do - the Prime & Furmark tests are irrelevant in comparison.  I wanted to see what the temperatures & what the CPU & GPU clocks stabalised at during a gaming session - which is what your Heaven benchmark stress test normally shows us.  How come no Heaven Benchmark test included in this review?

Velo

There is a mistake in the processor section. It says that the i7 in the laptop is a ulv model when it is clearly not.

Pash

Can you please review the 1080p version of the laptop. From what I gather over the net it is one of the best matte non-IPS display. And the pricing is quite good too. ;D
In my opinion, 4k is quite useless for a 15 inch gaming laptop.........

Robert

The 1080p model does have an IPS display. Also I agree the 4k display is way too much for a 15 inch laptop. The 965m would barely be able to handle the 4k let alone a 980m. I know 4k is "the thing" right now but 1080p is the sweet spot with most games and GPU.

Abhigyan

It is an excellent laptop... Looking frward fr it...  But I am confused between this and the Asus G751JL T3024... Can u suggest which will be better and why...?

Fredrik.karrman

Can I order without the glossy display? Cause I am afraid that it will reflect back at me, so that I cannot see what i am doing when my lamp is on. Please reply.  :o

sareea

Hello,
How does this compare to schenker h506 ?
Which one should I take?
Thank you

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview