News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Latitude 14 E7450 Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, February 04, 2015, 09:45:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Evolution instead of revolution. The Dell Latitude is equipped with Intel's latest CPU generation Broadwell and wants to get the top spot in the business segment, which is currently occupied by the Lenovo ThinkPad T440s. What are the advantages of the modern 14 nm technology for the user and does the 14-inch notebook have any other highlights – we tested it.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Latitude-14-E7450-Ultrabook-Review.135484.0.html

Busybee

Besides of VLC (which uses mostly its internal codecs including x265 software decoder), why not try MPC (Media Player Classic) and XBMC/Kodi as well?

Necovek

You've got the dimensions wrong in the sidebar: they are for the 12" E7250: check out the specs (PDF) on http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-e7450-ultrabook/pd which lists both.

E7450 is 337x231,5x20,4mm and 1,56kg with 3-cell battery.  Otherwise, it would even challenge the new XPS13 for the size (I can't say I wasn't hoping).

Till Schönborn

Hussein

Damn Dell. It is crucial to note (in the article too) the keyboard layout  in E7450 is gone wrong. The Home + End keys are no longer directly accessible directly.

BTW I consider the US layout ( long Shift, Long one-line Enter) better than Czech/German layout (shorter Shift, 2line short enter)

Hussein

Can you compare the battery dimensions in E7450 and e7440? They might be same in size.

It is good to see that the front edge is beveled. In e7440 is razor-sharp.

zipzorp21

Is it worth upgrading to the older i7 for £150 more? I will mainly be using this for Excel etc.

Svetoslav

Hello.
I have a question regarding the display. Your review unit is 14 inch 16:9, 1920x1080 pixel and you are saying that it achieves 60% of adobe RGB. Yet on the DELL website is a table with the display capabilities of each model they produce. The mentioned display goes to 45% and this is basically valid for almost all other high resolution displays except the Latitude 15 5000 Series 15.6" FHD. All low resolution displays have 60% of adobe RGB but significantly lower contrast and brightness.  Here is a link http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/help-me-choose/hmc-latitude-e-series-lcd?c=us&l=en&=&ref=CFG
I would like a comment from you on this matter. I really like this model and would like to buy it.

pete

The E7450 no longer supports an PCI-e msata ssd drive like the E7440. This is a HUGE step backwards. The E7440 supports PCI-e msata ssd AND a standard 2.5" drive for 2 total drives. The E7450 only has a 2.5" slot. You can, of course, mount a mSATA drives with a caddy in 2.5" hdd slot but this is pointless. This is a huge deal breaker for me and I'm returning the E7450 to dell. What a bummner.

HeftyJo

Egads! I cannot for the life of me understand the infatuation with chiclet style keyboards. I work on computers and service Dells and Toshiba's. I always praised the Dell's for having the better keyboards because they stuck with the conventional membrane style keypad versus the Toshiba that all have chiclet style. Then, I get my first E7450 in hand and gasped when I opened the lid and saw chiclets, "NOOOOOO!!!" I've done full page speed tests where I average over 100 WPM, so I've got some typing skill. Chiclet keyboards just totally wreck my typing speeds. I cannot understand why anyone would actually want a gap between the keys. Oh, oh, but I guess it "looks cool"; whatever......

Eamndi K L Rao

Dell says Business ultrabook and priced very high. Price vs performance is upto mark. They also missed backlit for my keyboard. When we buy high end premium notebook, all the basic features should be included.

I am not happy with this latitude model, for past 10 years I am using Latitude models but this one with high cost needs lot of improvements.

Ondrej

I have this laptop nearly half of a year but from the star I have problém with graphic driver. Everytime when I have video playbacking from youtube or somewhere else on the internet I getting message that graphic driver stopped and was recovered. Video is stopped and black screen flashes. It is not possible to fix it with new drivers, new bios or even with new motherboard !!! Also I tried every version of Windows... 7,8,10.
I dont recomeding this laptop for everyone....

Joseph

The only sad thing is the thermal paste DELL apply.
I bought a E7450 that were hitting 99´C when browsing the webb.

After changing the thermal paste to AS5 its never over 74´C
This is not the first time and hardly the last from a DELL computer.. Sad but true!

(http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3019/85/original.jpg)

NotebookBlackLord

I'm disappointed that the reviewer doesn't mention the widespread issues with the docking port on the E74xx series. The Dell support forums are overflowing with endless threads trying and failing to fix flickering screens, black screens, disabled rear ports, etc.

The selling point of this series would be that it is one of the thinnest and lightest laptops with a full docking port. If said docking port doesn't actually function, then it is just a random ultrabook of mediocre size and weight with a reasonably good keyboard.

(BTW, the same goes for the XPS series, where the USB-C/Thunderbolt-3 port quite simply doesn't work with the current docking stations and port extenders. But TB 3 is a brand new technology, so there is still hope that it will get better as it matures. On the E74 series most of the problems have been there for several model generations, and remain unsolved in the latest E7470 model.)

Viktor

Thanks for the review. What does this one do?
(http://s33.postimg.org/dqsi98fun/358856830934553857.jpg)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview