News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GS60 2QE Ghost Pro 4K (2QEUi716SR51G) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, January 14, 2015, 04:13:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gold piece for gamers? The MSI GS60 is now available with a 4K display and Maxwell GPU, the current update uses the fast GeForce GTX 970M. Our review will show if everything is gold that glitters at the GS60.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GS60-2QE-Ghost-Pro-4K-2QEUi716SR51G-Notebook-Review.134510.0.html

Chuck

hello, did your laptop have any problems on the yellow color of the display? mine tends to get darker the more white there is present on the screen, and a particular shade of yellow my 4k is kinda greenish..

wast3gat3

Yes mine has this issue and I'm returning it. The reviewer fails to mention that this is the Samsung 4k 48Hz panel that MSI has opt'd to use so not only do you have the dreaded mustard yellow but also the limiting 48Hz refresh.

The mustard yellow is by far the most annoying issue, if you use excel and word and use the yellow highlighter on text you will understand why.

David Pro

Should i drop the windows 8.1 resolution to 1080p on MSI gs60 4k as scaling is really poor? Would there be a difference in video quality if i run 4k video on a 4k laptop v/s dropping the resolution of a 4k monitor to 1080p to avoid scaling issues and then playing the same 4k video???

Hasrin

I'm using 1920 x 1080 with no problems. I find 4K to be too much for me.

I didn't try 4K video though but if you play 4K video on 1080p, the video will just be down-scaled. Honestly, the drop of quality between 1080p and 4K is too small for me to care. I'm not going to use a magnifying glass to check the pixels. :)

The mustard yellow is annoying but I realized that I could live with it. I did tweak the colours a bit using the Intel display tool (reduced contrast and red brightness) and I think it looks much better.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview