News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Chromebook 11 CB3-111 Review

Started by Redaktion, November 21, 2014, 10:52:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Stable base. The Acer CB3-111 is one of the cheapest laptops available and it does a good job of being clean, stable and efficient within 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. It runs ChromeOS and might be suitable for you. Read on for more details, performance and comparison.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Chromebook-11-CB3-111-Review.129906.0.html

Peprita

John

Thanks for the great review. Would you be able to post a photo of the whole motherboard/internals?

Alan Burn

Thanks for this review. I bought one of these Chromebooks and I am pleased with it. My device does not have the space bar problem you mentioned. Also, I have found that other people are not aware of just how much work a Chromebook can do offline.

Theresa

Can you download programs like Quickbook? Just want to know before buying it..thanks

Mudita

Love your reviews, they are thorough and informative.  But how the C720 can have a lower score to the 11 is a bit odd, as the C720, in spite of it being an older model, still kicks the 11's butt in all but silence, heat and a little more battery.    Performance should be weighted heavily, as the whole package is already a box of compromises, and the C720 got the balance about right.

burningriverman

Can the 16 Gb ssd be upgraded as with the Acer c720 or is the eMMC what one is stuck with?  Also, is the RAM soldered into the board like the c720 or can that be upgraded?

denise

LOL. one of the online stores in the Philippines, Lazada, priced this as USD570 as regular price with a discounted price of USD235.

anon3311

Gregg

Can you recommend the best  inexpensive bluetooth mouse options to use with this Chromebook?  I just got one yesterday, thinking my Microsoft bluetooth 5000 mouse would work with it, but it did not. Even a call to Google tech support couldn't resolve it, it simply didn't find/recognize that mouse, perhaps due to it's being an older one. I'd like to get a mouse that doesn't have a dongle in  the USB port, so I can keep it free for other uses.  Thanks!

Beomagi

Is is possible to upgrade the SSD?
It's mentioned that it's an emmc solution - does that mean i can't drop in an m.2 ssd?

Philippe

Wow, you are really doing a great  job ! Your review is informative, precise, complete and easy to read for non expert like me. Thank you so much

VCL

Very informative. Well constructed review. Helped me a lot.
Thanks. Keep on going !

Chaplain JJ

What a wonderfully comprehensive review!  After learning the top 9 in the Chrome Book list, I was first drawn to the Toshiba until I read too many complaints about its keyboard, and I really didn't need/want a 13"; was looking for a 10 or 11-inch.  After reading several reviews on this Acer and then finding this article, I found this to be my confirmation for "the way to go," for what I want and could pay!  I have one ordered and due to arrive on Monday, June 7, with a great Square Trade service contract extension, and still all under $200.  Thank you for your very thorough review! (BTW:  My very first PC was an ACER that I couldn't wear out; finally donated to a ministry that gave to elder to learn how to email!!)

Robert

I ran the local storage test from the article on mine, which I bought a few days ago.  My results:

localStorage read/write:  26,060 +-3% Ops/Sec
sessionStorage read/write:  25,538 +-5.15% Ops/Sec

Also, mine starts up in literally 3 seconds and takes as long to shut down.  Either something changed on these since you last did this check or something's off on yours.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview