News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell Inspiron 13 7347 Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, October 20, 2014, 06:57:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Flexible premium consumer. The high-quality, 13.3-inch laptop with a 360 degree hinge and touchscreen provides a convertible feel for around 800 Euros. It might be the right device for users who are looking for an alternative to Lenovo's Yoga 2 or simply expect a bit more from their laptop.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-Inspiron-13-7347-Convertible-Review.128376.0.html

anonymouse

Please review dell inspiron 7447 ( 14 inch with 850m and i7 quad core

QuickB5

I just received my Dell Inspiron 7000 13 2-in-1 with the "high end" 1920x1080 display just like your test machine and it is absolutely terrible. I have disabled adaptive brightness and turned it up to the brightest setting and the display is dim, un-even and the colors are off. Comparing it to a Yoga 2 it is at least 50% darker and the sides of the screen are much darker than the middle. Did Dell go with multiple display manufacturers or did I just get a dud? This definitely does not look like the samsung display you tested.

Pat

Quote from: QuickB5 on October 23, 2014, 22:36:16
I just received my Dell Inspiron 7000 13 2-in-1 with the "high end" 1920x1080 display just like your test machine and it is absolutely terrible. I have disabled adaptive brightness and turned it up to the brightest setting and the display is dim, un-even and the colors are off. Comparing it to a Yoga 2 it is at least 50% darker and the sides of the screen are much darker than the middle. Did Dell go with multiple display manufacturers or did I just get a dud? This definitely does not look like the samsung display you tested.

Interesting, I'm considering to buy this 7437 or lenovo yoga 2. If 7437 has many problems so I'd go with lenovo.

lightpixel

I get 2 Yoga 2 13 and send them back to Amazon, because of terrible wifi isses and errors. Never again Lenovo  >:(

orly andico

This notebook has a terrible design flaw in the touch screen.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19607216

The screen is so lightly made that the slightest flex causes it to suddenly have ghost touches all over the screen.

Rick

Quote from: QuickB5 on October 23, 2014, 22:36:16

You got a dud bro, mine has nothing like you described and I am using the exact some one right now. The ONLY issue I have with this laptop is the touchpad. The left and right click buttons function as the rest of the pad does, so when I'm clicking I often move the mouse by mistake. Though it doesn't bother me much, I've always hated touchpads so I use a wireless mouse anyway. But my screen is perfect, very bright (with the brightness turned up all the way, how I like it) and has vivid colors. If I were you I would send it back and tell them you got a faulty machine. Dell has great customer service and I don't imagine it would be an issue.

Allan Doe

This review does not address the memory size of the GPU. According to Dell tech support the size is not adjustable. Stuck at 2MB is a joke.

ChrisInPhilaPA

Thank you for the review but apparently you (fortunately) don't have the problem I have experienced with this Inspiron.  I bought the 7347 and out of the box it had the "ghost clicking" issue on the touch screen (random taps happen when no one is touching it---closing windows, doing all kinds of things on its own).  Turning off the touch screen kinda takes the "touch" out of the touch-screen 2 in 1 convertible...I could've gotten something with that functionality for a few hundred dollars less!  I could have returned it to the store at the time this started because it was brand new, but instead I called Dell and they said they'd replace the screen.  By the time it came back with the new screen, the return period at the store had passed...and right out of the box when we got the replaced screen it was the SAME thing again, random ghost taps all over (centered on a slightly different spot).  Dell is trying to say this is software...HUH?  Moving the screen a little bit will either stop, start, or change the random tapping.  So far, every time we move it all the way to the tablet mode it stops.  Besides, the ONLY software installed on this from day one was the Dell-installed software.  Saying it is software is an insult to the intelligence of Dell's customers.  This machine is a LEMON---I wish I had known because now I am stuck with it because it's too late to return it to the store (it was two weeks from when we contacted Dell to getting it back from them).  Don't make the mistakes I did (buying it was the first mistake) and if you have trouble like this return the unit to the store while you still can...and buy something else!

Jack Johnston

A large number of these Inspiron 13s are experiencing "phantom touches " with the touch screen. Mine has gone back 3 times and now I'm told the parts are on indefinite back order. Dell has HORRENDOUS customer service and will not replace this defectively designed computer with a new one. They will not give a refund either.  Don't walk away from this machine...RUN !'

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview