News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro (VN7-791G-759Q) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, September 23, 2014, 05:42:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Controlled explosion. With convincing components and thin cases, the notebooks from Asus new Aspire V Nitro-series are real all-rounders for discerning customers. Our Black Edition with the GeForce GTX 860M is targeted at gamers. Our review shows if the performance, temperatures and maintainability can meet the expectations.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V17-Nitro-VN7-791G-759Q-Notebook-Review.126701.0.html

Gendome

Controlled explosion. With convincing components and thin cases, the notebooks from Asus new Aspire V Nitro-series are real all-rounders for discerning customers.

I think you meant Acer :P

Nguyễn Thế Phúc

Not a bad laptop at all in my opinion. Hope this thing can be available soon

Allen

Quote from: Gendome on September 23, 2014, 07:02:29
Controlled explosion. With convincing components and thin cases, the notebooks from Asus new Aspire V Nitro-series are real all-rounders for discerning customers.

I think you meant Acer :P

fixed, thanks!

DavideB

I think it will have been better if it was without the blu-ray, because I think is not necessary, and the cost was fewer of 80€

bva

Hi

How would you say this compares to the Lenovo Y50 in the following factors...

Heat.. Keyboard Quality...

Also if Y50 suffers from Turbo boost issues how is it outperforming the Acer in Grid Autosport and Bioshock Infinite... Are you sre the ACER Nitro isnt throttling itself?

David Sykes

The touchpad on my other Acer hardly makes a sound when moving fingers over the pad, this touchpad is very rough, The feet are not even made of rubber for grip. Where is the SD card slot?

lena

I'm going to try this laptop to play SIMS and WOW and then leave a review. I have an older ACER, about 3 years now (8Gig mem, 2.1gig processor) and going to stick with the brand aside the cons. The volume is VERY weak on this laptop, too! But I love ACER because it's been the only computer/laptop that hasn't stopped working on me, even though it's fallen off the bed and been neglected, left on for too long without the lappy desk fan going, so it's been cooling itself and zero problems. Hoping the NITRO will be just as tough and I can do some raids without that horrible lag. :D

Boo

I have this model on sale here with 5400rpm SSHD (8GB cache) and 8GB RAM.
I wonder how difficult it would be to fit 8GB more RAM and replace the optical drive with a caddy, then stuff the SSHD in there and use an SSD as the main drive. Or can i use SSD in the caddy as my main drive? Looking at the temperatures listed here i wonder if it would be a good idea to stuff a conventional drive in the caddy where the cooling is probably worse?

Lanhxai

heading to get one soon, but do not want to avoid Y50. can someone give me a comparison betweent two of these laptops..thanks
in advance

Lynn

I know this post was posted some time ago  but I am now finding that my Aspire V17 Nitro is crashing - daily - due to the NVIDIA.  You can be in the middle of something and the laptop stops responding and then the blue screen of death appears. This happened the first day I opened it up but it was only occasionally and I was not concerned as it was only NVIDIA.  Now it's happening daily.

Also, before the crash sometimes the mousepad is unresponsive or only periodically responsive (no control).

I have to bring it in to get it repaired as none of the at home repair suggestions have worked thus far. 

Alistair Borthwick

Bill

Wish I had read more reviews online before buying mine. Out of the box, the CPU and GPU are throttled to don30%. They are not overheating and the fans never come on.

Acer tech support is telling me that this is normal and computers don't actually run at their rated speeds (WTF?). Considering this CPU can burst up to 3.6 GHz, I'm finding that 750 MHz is useless. I'm holding now for their customer service dept to get my money back. Bottom line - don't waste your money on a system that performs worse than a $300 i3.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview