News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad G50-70 Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, August 27, 2014, 08:17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A good idea? Lenovo wants their IdeaPad G50-70 to be a tempting, low-cost notebook with at least basic gaming power. Equipped with a dedicated graphics card, our test device certainly could be just that. But is the Radeon R5 230M the right graphics card for the task? Read on to find out.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-G50-70-Notebook-Review.124663.0.html

Dan Porat

Great extremely thorough Article.
After sing the G50-70 (corei7) for a while I can say it is a magic machine.
A real powerhouse for my home and business.
Currently it is on sale for a real good price (much better than the one I bought it for) -
Don't forget the coupon code RMNUSLENOVO3.
Lenovo G50 Deal

Armin_L

Thank you for a great and informative article! Im buying one  :)

George

I am no hardcore gamer, I actually bought this laptop for my son as the specs seemed good for the price. The only game we have tried is crysis 2 - and with everything set to maximum its playing really well. Granted it is an old title and probably not something to go with as a test, just wanted to add my 2c.

Robert Ireland

So far, so good,... All the issues I've had with this machine were uncannily addressed in the review. I thought it was just me.
In the past I've owned a VAIO; which was hell.
With a Vista OS, terrible battery and a heat I could warm food with, it was a pleasure destroying it so as to not curse anyone else's life. I digress,...
The Lenovo's all black design is damn cool and the textured lid is in very good taste. I prefer the powerfully understated industrial 'no BS' approach.
Otherwise, I am currently trying to run Bioshock Infinite with a Logitech controller.
I haven't played it yet trying to figure out Steam, the three stupid discs I got with the hard copy and the configurations of that Logitech thing. 
This is not the fault of the computer and I think if I use an Xbox type joystick, it would go a lot easier.
I can't wait to see what the actual game play is like however (sigh).
This really work well with our TV and with a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, I find myself using the bigger screen.
I hope this helps.
Well worth the price,...so far.

Mohamed Yakoot

have anybody tired to play need for speed rivals on this laptop.. i have tried and after 15 minutes windows kicked me out with message system out of memory

Lana17

Is there anyone that has tried this laptop for world of warcraft (not max settings needed) - i want to know if it works well or not with this one. It would mostly be to do garrisson quests/fishing/battle pets while on breaks

Carsten Jørgensen

Is it possible to shut the dedicated graphic card off permanently? To save wattage on the energy bill.  Thus stick with the integrated graphic even when I play my low end games..

Logy Murray

Hi, I just bought the Lenovo G50 and am trying to get to know all the features.  I am not a technical person, so I skimmed through the article to read the stuff that I do understand.  But I think I missed something...  is there an option to put on a light under the keyboard? 
Thanks.

john bell

The Lenovo Essential G50-70 is an awesome product and it is one of the best model. I am using this laptop, it runs very smoothly and no any problem I have faced yet. I purchased it in very low price from online discount offers.
http://goo.gl/zl8o9a

Bill

Hi, I've had my G50-70 i7 for several months now and have tried to backup data to a hard disc.  I started this on Wed 7 Oct and it's now Sat 10 Oct and it tells me that I have another 9 Hrs to go.  Spoke to Lenovo about the time it takes and they said that this was normal for a backup of 206Gbs. 3 days to do a backup is normal????

Stewards8888

Last month i have sold my old desktop and bring this Lenovo G50-70 Laptop. I can perform all the work that early i do on my desktop. After using this laptop i really get new excellent experience that never before. If you too have planned to bring this laptop, then first reads its complete specification from here http://amzn.to/1NdUYIh

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview