News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T440s 20AQ006BGE Ultrabook Review Update

Started by Redaktion, July 07, 2014, 08:01:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

More power for business. The small Thinkpad is equipped with high quality components: Core i7 processor, full HD IPS display, fast SSD, 3G modem and GeForce graphics core. A good battery life adds to the list. The ideal device for mobile use?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T440s-20AQ006BGE-Ultrabook-Review-Update.120211.0.html

Sudders

I ordered this machine last week. I hope its worth the wait. Bit concerned to see that they are still shipping with the LG screens. I thought that they had stopped shipping those after receiving so many complaints.

roe

I don't know what's new about this ultrabook - I have a similar ultrabook for almost 2 years already - Zenbook Prime UX32VD, i7, 10GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GT620M, 13.3" 1080p IPS.

Jeff Belin

Thinkpads (especially this one) have been summarily panned for at least the past 2 years as not having anywhere near the quality control and durability that they were once famous for and for increasingly indifferent customer support from Lenovo.  I know NBC makes no pretense of measuring such things, but it can be so misleading to read glowing reviews and, so influenced, purchase a model only to dread the experience.  I don't know what the answer is, but I think the publisher of the review has a responsibility to at least provide links to the many industry/brand surveys published online, without endorsing any of them.  I can't think of the last time I read of a positive experience in Notebookreview.com of a buyer of a new Thinkpad - whether T, X or even premium Carbon series.  In fact, the consumer "Ideapad" line has far better quality, reliability and customer satisfaction, at half the price.  A brand does not deserve to rest on its laurels from years (and owners) past.

MI

Jeff, I originally was set on purchasing a ThinkPad T440 as a desktop replacement, until I started checking online forums and reading about its various problems.  As an ex-IBM employee, I agree that the ThinkPad quality has declined, but your assertion that the IdeaPad line is now better is surprising to me.  What specific IdeaPad models, roughly equivalent to the T440, would you say would be a better buy than the T440? 

bli

I own a T440 and a T61 and I consider the T61 way more comfortable to use. Be careful that the T440 touchpad do not have physical buttons. It is just a large clickpad on which your hands will swipe wile typing. Other noteworthy problems: sharp angles make resting palms sometimes painful, almost no indicator lights (I'm particularly missing the caps-lock indicator).

siminim

So, is this vapor-ware? Where do you order this model? I can't seem to find it in the listing of lenovo.com, where they only have the 440s with integrated GPU, neither on lenovo.de (as the german origin of the review would suggest) where they offer a model with a Radeon 8760M, which seems to have significantly lower performance than the GeForce 730M.
Looking for comments and a reseller in Germany :)

siminim

Quote from: siminim on September 10, 2014, 02:24:07
So, is this vapor-ware? Where do you order this model? I can't seem to find it in the listing of lenovo.com, where they only have the 440s with integrated GPU, neither on lenovo.de (as the german origin of the review would suggest) where they offer a model with a Radeon 8760M, which seems to have significantly lower performance than the GeForce 730M.
Looking for comments and a reseller in Germany :)

well f*** me, the s440 is obviously a completely different model than the t440s! the latter actually is available through their site. my bad, though I suggest that lenovo rethink their branding here...

pgh

When I try to play The Elder Scrolls Online on my T440s with a GT 730M, i7, I only get ~15 FPS, even on low settings. Something seems to be wrong. How can I debug the problem? Is my video card faulty? I don't know how to find the culprit :/

--pgh

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview