News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Lenovo ThinkPad T540p-20BE005YGE Notebook

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2014, 06:28:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Old-school ThinkPad? Performance, security and office qualities are very important aspects of the new Lenovo ThinkPad T540p. Our review shows what the top version with a quad-core CPU, 250 GB SSD and integrated UMTS module for around 1,800 Euros is capable of.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T540p-20BE005YGE-Notebook.114312.0.html

Carrie

what is the time it takes for laptop to turn on to get to the desktop ?

rabbiddog

funny that you don't mention the keyboard has a left shift offset, and contains a keypad that no one uses. Also since the keyboard is on the left side your left hand often slides off the edge when typing. Major ergo issues with this new keyboard.

Haisam

Can anyone let me know about the battery issue that slows down the cpu to 800mhz? As I've red a topic where is said that also a bios update doesn't fix it. Thanks

Bob

TOUCHPAD!!! I hate this stupid touchpad!!! I wonder if the people who thought the idea up and designed it actually tried using it for a day. I want to throw this computer against the wall just because of this touchpad. Sometimes the saying 'Don't fix it if it's not broken' can go a long way.

LeeF

I guess I am amazed that this standard-voltage laptop rated higher in the Top Ten Business Notebook category that the Acer Travelmate P645, which seems to more smartly implement a similar design and performance philosophy for almost half the price.

henryabc123

I have a lenovo x240 for work, and the DAMN touchpad is utter rubbish and unusuable.  Other than the machine is amazing quality.

I'm now shopping for a home machine, and sadly, because of my experience with the mousepad, I simply cannot convince myself to buy this notebook.  Like the reviewer says, great machine, let down by unusable mousepad.  I mean, wtf!?!?!?  incredibly poor design.

Tyrone Slothrop

I am about to purchase it because right now is really cheap. The touchpad is my only concern, is it really that bad?

Stephen W

It's now over 3 years since I bought my t540p and look forward to my next Lenovo notebook. This has been an excellent experience. The one serious drawback,  the trackpad, is insignificant if you take the track point seriously. The trackpoint is not easy to find on many notebooks today and is the reason I looked at this computer. It works like a charm. I've used one since my first Dell many years ago and will not buy a notebook dependent on a trackpad. I do that last year when I purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e as an emergency computer. The 11e is ok, but not really usable for more than one day. The specs are weak on that under $300 notebook and the lack of the track point makes it impossible to really enjoy. I never buy any computer without an extended warranty and this notebook has had motherboard, fan and keyboard replaced regularly. Even with what seems to me to be a high parts failure rate for all notebooks, this is not a problem with Lenovo as they replace what is needed immediately with no argument or delay. The LCD screen needed to be replaced just once during this period. Essentially, I've been working on a new Lenovo constantly since day one. I like it well enough that when it took over 2 days recently to replace the keyboard, I was about to buy a Lenovo P51 without hesitation. Three years experience with this notebook after 12 years using Dell Lattitude notebooks and I am happy I am now using Lenovo.

Stephen Hall

I've been using ThinkPads forever as I used to work for IBM and am hooked on the TrackPoint. I bought one of these recently to complement my T440p which the wife will now use. On the T540p I've upgraded the CPU to 4800MQ quad-core up to 3.7 MHz, and the HDD to a Samsung 860 Evo 500GB. Boot through fingerprint reader to Gadgets (yes, I love them too) on Windows 10 in under 40 seconds. Boot to log-in or straight desktop much less. Outstanding. The T440p already has a Liteon SSD and now has the Core i7 dual-core from the T540p, it is also not shabby with boot time. Love the keyboard. The trackpad is annoying but very customisable and I love it anyway. Basic dock works nicely for charging. I think I'll not be wanting another ThinkPad for a long long time.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview